Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: AMD XP1700+ and A7V266 Motherboard

I'm running a A7V266 motherboard with a XP1700+ processor on a Windows XP Pro computer.

The system will only boot to a "safe" cpu speed of 1100, never to the rated XP1700+ speed of 1463 (no overclocking used).

I replaced the RAM, used another XP1700 cpu, and even re-flashed the BIOS, still runs at 1100 only. Temperature is not a problem.

I'm stumped and would greatly appreciate any and all suggestions as to why this processor will not run at rated speed.

Jim

:snip: :snip:

This is not an overclocking question but maybe you folks can give me some suggestions:

I'm running a A7V266 motherboard with a XP1700+ processor on a Windows XP Pro computer.

The system will only boot to a "safe" cpu speed of 1100, never to the rated XP1700+ speed of 1463 (no overclocking used).

I replaced the RAM, used another XP1700 cpu, and even re-flashed the BIOS, still runs at 1100 only. Temperature is not a problem.

I'm stumped and would greatly appreciate any and all suggestions as to why this processor will not run at rated speed.

Jim

Do yo have the switch on the motherboard in the 133MHz FSB position? Also some ppl have trouble with this board's auto detect feature and find that it works fine when the board is manually configured. :?:

Oh and I merged the 2 threads together as keep it all in one place is better. : peace2:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Not certain which FSB switch your talking about - all switches are in the jumperfree mode.

Jim

Actually its a jumper on this board and it's described on the top of page 20 in your manual. If this isn't the problem then set all jumpers and switches manually to the CPU. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Page 20 in my A7V266 describes 4 sets of jumpers for the Palomino or Athlon/Durom processors. They are set to Palomino.

I'm now trying to set the CPU speed via the Advanced Bios Menu. Best I can do is set the Freq Mult to 11 and the System/PCI Freq to 120, giving me a cpu speed of about 1320 - anything else will not boot.

Just installed the latest Mothboard Monitor program (version 5.2) and it indicated I may have a temperature problem 63-65C.

My other system is running the same processor in a A7V266-E MB and it works great at 51C.

Thanks for your help.
    Jim

Thread Information