Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: nForce2 Release?

Hello, I'm getting another motherboard/cpu soon and I like a lot of those features that the nForce2 motherboards are advertising (Looking at the epox 8RGA+/8RDA+, whichever is better). I can't seem to find even a tentative release date by searching these forums or using google. Ive heard everything from this month (September), October, and even that it was released in July? So, has any info about the nForce2 motherboard debuts (hammer capable and not) been released? Thanks in advance.

So there's no new information regaurding this chipset?

I've heard the same sort of thing. The nForce2 probably will be more like October, it seems. I certainly hope, not.

While I'm at it, does anybody know if the new VIA KT400 chipset has a 1/6 divider? It will certainly need this to run 200 MHz+ FSB. But I've have not read any reviews yet that mentioned this point.

Tweaktown reviewers, you would know....

Well, just in case anyone hasn't heard, Epox has added their two nforce2 boards to their official site and are advertising them. This must mean that the release it close...unless they just want to taunt us.

Yes, I heard about that last night! I downloaded their web pages for reference.

I'm really wanting to read a good review of these boards. Especially the overclocking abilities.

I also want to know how they are able to use memory modules. DDR400 in all sockets or not. What are the timing penalties with multiple modules installed, etc.

And does it have a 1/6 divider for DDR400+ overclocks....(Although, I believe nVidia will provide an AGP/PCI lock).

This could be a very fun article to read...hint, hint, Tweaktown.....

Hello All,
    I know what you mean on the nForce2 boards, I've been holding off on my new board until I see some reviews of these. Theres an update over at X-bits at this link, it looks like we wait. www.xbitlabs.com/news/story.html?id=1031760423
    I'm waiting for the new Chaintech micro-ATX version which they said would be one of their first nForce2 offerings.
    Regards, Szandor

Thread Information