Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASROCK 890fx Deluxe 3 and PLEDs

Default ASROCK 890fx Deluxe 3 and PLEDs

Hello all,

I'm just putting together a new build with an Asrock Deluxe 3 890fx board.

I have a quick question regarding the connection of case leads and the leds.

There seem to be 2 mentions in the manual for PLEDS, the first is a two pin pled + and - which is on the front panel header along with the power, reset buttons etc and then separately, there is a second 3 pin PLED (PLED +, PLED + & PLED -) elsewhere on the board. I assume when connecting the case leads that the power led is connected to the first PLED pins (+ & -).

But what is the 3 pin PLED used for?

Default Re: ASROCK 890fx Deluxe 3 and PLEDs

Hi,
    the 3 pin connector is used if your PC case has an LED that shows standby/hibernate conditions. Usually this will be an LED that either changes colour or that pulses when in one of these modes.

Default Re: ASROCK 890fx Deluxe 3 and PLEDs

Hey thanks for the help absic,

The manual was a bit vague on that and google didn't help none either.

Long shot I know, but I'm installing a revodrive ssd pci-e and I saw it mentioned somewhere that you won't be able to have a case hd led show hard drive usage with one of these cards. The revodrive itself has onboard leds (and 2 X 2pin jumpers for unknown use).

Can the mobo hd led detect harddrive usage from this?

Thread Information