Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Help me figure out my problem

Default Help me figure out my problem

Hi, last week i got my new computer thay i ordered from Tigerdirect.ca
    I got a Coolermaster HAF
    Asus p8p67 pro
    Intelcore i7 2600k
    2 x Radeon HD 6870 1gb
    Corsair Vengance 12gb pc12800 DDR3 1600 MHz
    ULTRA x4 1200 W power supply modular
    1TB Sata HD
    And a Sata DVD Rom..
    I started assembling my motherboard to the new case but we didnt put all the screws in the board beacuse we didnt saw the Standup screws so the board dosent have contact on the metal case. After that we did put all the pieces in the machine and we tried to start it... At first th fans started turning for like 2 seconds and stopped, we tried different things and pushed power button again and turn power supply on and off wondering what was going on. We had a Spark of electricity and i dont know where did it came from and i had a smell of burnt after. Anyways we tried to put it on a monitor and the bios never started. Can someone tell me if i might have busted my power supplie ?

Default Re: Help me figure out my problem

I tried the 2 video card in a friends computer and they seemed ok. Im returning the motherboard to get a new one. But im still not sure if it's the board, the power supplie or Memory (ram)

Default Re: Help me figure out my problem

Buy a powersupply tester, they don't cost much and are really useful for situations such as this.

From experience it is probably the motherboard as they have built in safety features which are much more sensitive than those in a powersupply. However, without looking at it myself it is hard to tell.

I would be so annoyed if I was you, my sympathy goes out to you lol.

Thread Information