Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: New motherboards with AGP

Default New motherboards with AGP

Hi, I bought an AGP graphics card some time ago and now (when my wallet can handle it) I want to upgrade my PC some more by getting a new CPU which means I will have to get a new Motherboard too because the CPU I have now is for an really outdated socket so to cut to the point, does anyone make motherboards that support atleast a CPU with 2 cores AND have a AGP slot because I dont have the money to get myself yet another graphics card!

Thanks and sorry for my broken English ;)

Default Re: New motherboards with AGP

I would suggest looking at a motherboard with integrated video. I know that some companies have released some fairly surprising AGP cards, but I would guess that even an 890GX would probably have higher performing video than the card you're using now.

The beauty is that such boards are relatively cheap. Throw in a Phenom II X4 (or even an Athlon II X4 to save a little more) and you've got a fairly decent base for an upgrade.

Thread Information