Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Can You Overclock A Intel D845bg In Any Way?

I KNOW INTEL ISNT AS KNOWN FOR THERE OVERCLOCKING BUT CAN IT BE DONE? I HAVE P4 1.8 W 256 CACHE

I RUN INTEL STUFF NOW BUT IM DEFECTING!
    WHY NVIDIA AMD FAITH! AM I DUMB?:shoot3:

Well first of all you might wanna turn your caps lock off. Second of all the answer is no, intel boards arent made for overclocking, and they prevent you from doing any overclocking/tweaking whatsoever, and they are slow and benchmark alot lower than 3rd party boards that use intel chipsets. Last thing to add, there is small hope for you in that you could flash your BIOS with a 3rd party one that lets you change FSB settings in the BIOS, but its risky, and your putting the life of your mobo on the line.

sounds like madness - should i just check into the mobo wiggo showed me? easier huh?:shoot3:

Yeh, if you really wanna do some OC'ing then you should replace the motherboard, because even with a 3rd party BIOS (which is risky) they still suck in terms of tweakage. Intel makes low performance OEM boards. The best choice for P4 is a 3rd party board like Abit, that uses an intel CHIPSET (such as i845E).

so - if you could - just guess at how fast a 1.8 p4 w256l2 cache will go? - i know its not science till its in front of you but - please guess for me:shoot3: a new mobo and potential wpa problems would have to be worth it - and how do i begin to overclock my pny 4400ti?:cheers:

Well ya'd think that 2GHz wouldn't be out of the question but no one can tell you what you'll get but ya can try it yourself and tell us how well ya went. :D
    <center>:cheers:</center>

its the WPA issue that makes me hesitate - dont think i dont want a new mobo - but will 72 hours go by and im locked out?:shoot3:

If you mean with XP then if you have a ligit copy there will be no probs. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

i have my legit oem home xp- upgraded to a not so legit pro xp - service packed and corp key changed - im fine now - but wpa will get me wont it - can i upgrade back to home without loosing ANYTHING?:shoot3:

I wouldn't know about that but someone else may. :rolleyes2

Thread Information