Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ga-p67a-ud3p-b3

Default Ga-p67a-ud3p-b3

Hey guys im running this mobo with i5 2500 and trident12800 2x2 gig mem, still feel that some software could boot quicker,

just wondering if anyone else is set up with this board and what specs there running.

think i should upgrade to the 8 gig ram? should i change the ram type?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Ga-p67a-ud3p-b3

8GB of memory isn't going to speed things up, that would just allow you to have more memory to work with is all.

What is your full specs and what speeds are you running the CPU and memory? Also, what software are you asking about that is slow to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    8GB of memory isn't going to speed things up, that would just allow you to have more memory to work with is all.

What is your full specs and what speeds are you running the CPU and memory? Also, what software are you asking about that is slow to you?
    OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
    Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name KRISTIANHOME-PC
    System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model P67A-UD3P-B3
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F2, 2/22/2011
    Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 3.98 GB
    Available Physical Memory 2.24 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 7.97 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 5.80 GB
    Page File Space 3.98 GB

mem is at 1600 but not done any oclocking my cpu isnt the k model

im getting low scores on my hard drive index experiance only 5.9

do i need to make a raid system currently using a barracuda 500gig for my primary drive

Can you give us a link to your memory, or the model number.

5.9 WEI score is all you can get without having a SSD as the primary hard drive, mechanical drives are limited to 5.9 in that scoring program (Even RAID will score the same in the windows experience)

Can you give us a link to your memory, or the model number.

5.9 WEI score is all you can get without having a SSD as the primary hard drive, mechanical drives are limited to 5.9 in that scoring program (Even RAID will score the same in the windows experience)

G.SKILL-Products

You can probably overclock that memory some, does the Non K CPU's have memory multipliers like 18.66 and 21.33?

WEI is not really a benchmark you should be concerned with, it is only there so windows can tell you what games it thinks your computer can run.

If you want to know better benchmarks use AIDA64 or MaxMemm or something like that, plenty of tools here you can check out for benchmarking

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ity-tools.html

You can probably overclock that memory some, does the Non K CPU's have memory multipliers like 18.66 and 21.33?

WEI is not really a benchmark you should be concerned with, it is only there so windows can tell you what games it thinks your computer can run.

If you want to know better benchmarks use AIDA64 or MaxMemm or something like that, plenty of tools here you can check out for benchmarking

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ity-tools.html

well thats the thing the bios lets you tweak the i5 up to x41 i think which gives you 4.1ghz or somthing but i have no idea about what to set the rest of the settings at. im a fast learner but dont really even know if its worth tweaking a nonk chip if there really is that much difference. anyway its all good. gunna leave the system as is im hpy with it seeing it is much better than my old pentium 4..haha
    thanks for all ya help mate

Well if you want 4.1Ghz then use that and you should be ok.

Here's a guide if you want to try, it will show you with Non K versions too. And you can overclock memory too right, I meant memory multipliers you should have 13.33, 16.00, 18.66, and 21.33
    Gulftown, Bloomfield, Lynnfield, Clarkdale, SB Overclocking Guides (1155/1156/1366)

Well if you want 4.1Ghz then use that and you should be ok.

Here's a guide if you want to try, it will show you with Non K versions too. And you can overclock memory too right, I meant memory multipliers you should have 13.33, 16.00, 18.66, and 21.33
    Gulftown, Bloomfield, Lynnfield, Clarkdale, SB Overclocking Guides (1155/1156/1366)

ahh see i was studying but now youve gone and got me tinkering again..damn you technologyyyyyyy!!!

Ok so i been playing around so I can pretty much boost the mem multiplier to 1600 and core multiplier to 41 leave pretty much all the voltage settings on auto and the core temps still seem to sit at round 60c

Only thing is sometimes it boots up and tells me there was a problem booting due to overclocking then I just restate and it boots with those settings again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information