Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: the best kt400 mobo

ok i have been looking for a new kt400 board. i have hade a look at epox and the board dosent even have raid.(very plain board).
    aslo hade a look at asus looks better that epox , has many options, but not still what i want. dose anyone know if epox will be putting out another board??(like the 8k3a+ with raid and all the goodies).

if u have any other good board's i should have a look at let me know.

it for a 2600+
    Epox 8K3A+
    XP 2100+
    256 Kingmax DDR 400
    Leadtek GF3 Ti500
    SB Live 5.1
    2 X 60gig Seagate 7200
    2 X 40gig Seagate 7200(raid)
    Pioneer DVD-ROM 16X
    Sony 24\10\40

Also have a look at :

Asus A7V8X
    Abit AT7-MAX2
    Gigabyte GA-7VAXP
    MSI KT4 Ultra

hmm,
    I think for the KT400, the best boards are the
    Abit At7 Max2- has everything on the board (one I will get)
    Soyo KT400 - also a good board.

But honesetly it is hard to tell right now, b/c only a couple of the KT400 boards have been tested.

A couple of things to be aware of...
    1. DDR400 is out of the questions. It has been slower than the 333, but honestly who cares....the Athlon only has a 266 FSB, so you wont be able to take advantage of the DDR400.

2. SATA (Serial ATA)- on the mobo's with the controller on board....will be on he PCI bus, so you might not see the speeds that are hoped for....150MB/sec

But it is a good chipset, and I think you would be happy with any manufacture of it.

I don't think EPoX is to convinced about the KT400 chipset as it's failed to live up to expectations and may turn into a KT266 (which was quickly replaced by the KT266A) which is why their topline boards still use the KT333 chipset instead. ;)

But my EPoX EP-8K5A3+ is on its way and this board should see me thru to the end of Socket A with a couple of BIOS flashes plus I know that EPoX boards do support the 166MHz FSB so I'll be quite happy with it and the 4 extra IDE channels that it offers. :D
    <center>:cheers:</center>

OMG four raid controllers. The would really funny if you got that board and did not even have a raid configuration. hehe.
    Or at least I would find that funny.

I think the only advantage the Kt400 has is the 8x agp, but that is something that wont be seen until the distant future!

The more I contemplate this, the KT333 chipset is looking better. Since, 8X is pointless now, serial ata wont be much better, and DRR 400 flopped with KT400.

Well I certainly won't have one to start with and my first will probably be a RAID 0 setup anyway but the number of drives supported just as a normal IDE controller could very well suit its later life as a server. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

yeah that would be really sweet. a server with a plethora of 200 gig drives.

i have looked at the Asus A7V8X , its not bad but would like to stick to epox. i would like the 8X agp and the serial ata , but i think it would cost to mutch untill it becomes more popular.

i would also like the ddr400 as i have an unlocked chip and i has gone to 420fsb before but the video card did not like it.

do u think i should stick with the 8k3a+ and just get the 2600+???

:cheers: :cheers:
    Epox 8K3A+
    XP 2100+
    256 Kingmax DDR 400
    Leadtek GF3 Ti500
    SB Live 5.1
    2 X 60gig Seagate 7200
    2 X 40gig Seagate 7200(raid)
    Pioneer DVD-ROM 16X
    Sony 24\10\40

The only reason serial ata will be any good, at least I see it this way, is if you have a small case and do not have much room for cables.....other wise serial ata will be almost pointless!!! I do not think you will see amazing speends since it will be over the 32bit PCI bus :thumbs do
    but then again, I might be wrong :thumb:

Thread Information