Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP! Asus P4T533-C!!!

Does the monitor at least display a "no signal" message? Will hitting the cont-alt-delete keys start the boot sequence over (lights on the kb,mb, would tell)?
    I finally managed to download the manual. Page 21 says that if the vid card is 3.3v, a red led comes on (item #30 on page 5). It also says not to install the card with power to the box.(I knew that the pci bus could be live with the machine turned off, but I didn't know about agp!)
    Page 37 mentions that if the jumper is not on the pins for the chassis intrusion, it won't boot. Check to make sure this jumper didn't come off during assy.
    The only other thing I can think of now is to enable the vocal POST messages. They may provide more info.

Hmmm Asus boards seem to all have a million jumpers and switches.
    Do you have the frequency for the FSB and multiplier set right or is it in jumper free mode?

I did a search on Simple Tech's site. Interestingly, using their memory selector and looking up the Dell Dimension 8100, it suggests their STD9405/512 parts. Looking up your mobo, it says to use RB800X16-512 parts. Maybe the ram is not compatable with the mobo.

I thought Rambus HAD to be used in pairs? Or am I wrong?
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

Yup...it's setup in a pair. I've got (2) 512mb PC800 modules set up in slots A1 and B1 with the blanks in A2 & B2.

I don't think it's the configuration, but possible the RAM itself. I got some modules from my office, and I'm going to give it a try when I get home.

Thanks...

Chris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information