Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Gigabyte GA-7VAXP

I'm having a problem with my motherboard !
    i just baught my GA-7VAXP MOBO, athlon XP 2100+ and a radeon 9700 pro. I installed windows XP and all the updated drivers for my video card, via 4 in 1, sound, windows updates etc... I noticed that my agp is at 2X, i dont have the option of changing it in the motherboard BIOS ??? When i look at my driver information for my radeon, it says its at 2X adn that 2X/4X is available.... What the Hell... My mobo is 8X and my video card too.... i dont have any jumper for that on my motherboard and not on my videocard too...... so whats the problem.... is it my videocard ?? or is something else wrong !!!

PLEASE HELP ME
    :devil:
    :flames:
    Say my name B@#*!
    :-)

Do you have the latest bios for your board? Some boards have a problem with the 9700 that is fixed with a bios upgrade. Here's a link:

http://tw.giga-byte.com/support/viakt400.htm#link7vaxp

Did you load your 4-in-one drivers before your video drivers so the card's setup saw the port as 8X?

Yes i updated my BIOS with the latest version.... I did install the 4 in 1 drivers before my ati drivers... hhmmmmm I went into the bios (advanced mode) and saw the agp setting. it was darker than the other settings, i couldnt change it. i tryed my other videocard (GeForce 2 GTS) and it worked fine. it said AGP 4X in windows... so defenitly the video card is the problem... what should i do ?
    Say my name B@#*!
    :-)

Where do find the reference in Windows to the AGP X value? I'm running a G4 4200 and can't find it in Windows (you found it for your old card). I downloaded the manual for your mobo and couldn't find any AGP settings in it at all. I'm stumped.

Thread Information