Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soyo Dragon Plus

HAS ANYBODY INSTALL A XP2200 IN A SOYO DRAGON PLUS:confused:IS THERE ANY KT266A BOARD THAT CAN:flames:

I don't know about the Soyo board, but the MSI K7T266 Pro2-A will support the 2200+. I'm sure there are others. Look on some of the manufacturer's sites. Here is a link to the MSI board:

http://www.msicomputer.com/product/c...pset=via_kt266

I also have a soyo dragon plus! the highest cpu you can plce in that board is a 2100+. :thumbs do

Quote Originally Posted by M3wTw0
    I also have a soyo dragon plus! the highest cpu you can plce in that board is a 2100+. :thumbs do
    HAS ANY ONE TRIED RUNNING A XP2200 ON THIS BOARD ,I CAN OVERCLOCK MY 1800 TO POST 2200 ON START UP,JUST DONT KNOW IF NEW CHIP WILL WORK

When a company gives you a maximum supported speed, they are only saying that this speed is the maximum that they will guarantee the board to run at. It is not uncommon for them to run very happily at higher speeds, but there is no assurance of this.

Oh, and please... STOP YELLING!
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

"Stop yelling" means turn off your caps lock key. I assume that you don't know these things, or you wouldn't do them. Remember, its always nice to be nice!

That's why I said please. :D
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

I spoke with tech support at soyo last night for some other problems that I was having. I mentioned this post and as soon as I said 2200+ he "the dragon plus does not support the new Thoroughbred CPU core" sorry boys you can OC to get the performance but you can't use the 2200+.

Darthtanion

If my grandmother were still alive, she would be happy that you said please.

Thank you.

OK. Yes the 2200 works on the Dragon Ultra Platinam. If it didn't, I wouldn't be typing right now. I bought one from tiger direct a while ago and holy crap it's fast! The soyo site just put out new bios flashings that allow 2400+ and 2600+ to be supported. Don't believe me? Go to the site and click downloads, then athlons, dragon Ultra Plat. boards, and last ly bios updates. Version 2AA3 supports 2400+ & 2600+'s and PC/SC support. Hmmm, extra value? I know the new processors aren't all that beefy with new additions but it's that much more extra for a 2200+ board!:cheers:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information