Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Poll: How to manually set IRQ's (ASUS A7V266E)

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Setting IRQ's on A7V-266E ASUS

My system IRQ's are jammed all on 9 & 11. I feel they should be spread around but after reading the manual on M/B all I got was a headache. The GeoForce 3 and Audigy Sound are on irq 11, almost everything else is on irq 9.
    I have plenty of time to investigate this motherboard setup as I am waiting for AMD to send me another CPU. The XP 1900+ crapped out on me (core temp had been 121 degrees f.) so dunno why it shorted.

My OS is XP pro (NTSF file sys) on the IBM DeathStar.
    I have installed the latest BIOS chip on the M/O (got from ASUS intl.) upon reinstallation (all components into case) I plan on tweak'in my OS (see tweaktown for advice) for stability.

I admit to being stumped by the IRQ 's ! Any info. on this aspect of my system setup may prevent a stroke.

I am using laptop backup (266Mhz AMD) (no cry icon!?!) as I am a big boy now.
    :thumb:
    My System:
    Asus M/B - 1900+ CPU - Audigy Sound - Gig an a half Memory(DDR) - GeoForce 3 DDR 64 - NetGear Lan card - TV (cable ready)card (brooktree 848) - 300W power supply - 3 case fans - burner (CD) + DVD player on 19" monitor - 6 pc. creative speaker sound.

May all your ups & downs be in bed.
    :devil win

My MSI mobo has a feature in the bios, under advanced, called "APIC Function" with a choice to enable or disable it. The manual says that enabling it will expand the available IRQs. I have it enabled and I have IRQ numbers up to 19. Vid, audio, etc. all on different IRQs.

Ok bigJackUSA - I think the last time I enabled this sort of option my post stopped at the message,' initializing plug an play cards' and would not go beyond until I reset that to disabled.
    Of course I may have done something else in error in the Bio's.
    Thanx for the advice, I sure need some.:?:

You might also try enabling the APIC function with a minimum configuration, and adding 1 card at a time.

Alrighty then ,I'll give it some juice one pci card at a time then.

Gotta get a better IRQ spread somehow, Thank you for responding so quickly!

Gotta wait for the CPU to ship from AMD, probably a week from now.:bounce:

Thread Information