Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASUS A7V333 and USB2 issue

I have an ASUS A7V333 mobo without RAID but with USB2 onboard. I have a PCI-card from siliconimages (ATA133) and 2 Maxtor 40 Gb in RAID 0. I have a Canon scanner, D1250U2, for use of USB2.
    When VIA USB2 Enhanged Host Controller is active, the RAID-performance is falling 40%!!
    If I deactivate the USB2 EHC, then the RAID-performance is back to normal.

I have found WHQLcertified drivers for the RAID-controller and for VIA USB2, but that did not help. Any ideas? :confused:
    Kind regards
    Tarzan

have you installed the USB2 Drivers off the Asus site?

Yes, I started with the original drivers from the ASUS CD. Then I went to ASUS update to download the new USB2 ver 2.02, but that did not help. Then I got WHQL certified drivers for my RAID-controller. Still the same issue. And the last thing I tried was the new WHQL-driver for VIA's USB2 (not mobo specific). Meaning, that both the RAID controller and the USB2 is WHQL certified for WIndowsXP.

Oh, by the way. The 40% down is readable with Sisoft Sandra and HDTach 2.61.
    Kind regards
    Tarzan

Are the raid card and the USB controllers sharing resources? What os are you running? If it is xp, has it been updated with MS usb support?

Windows XP has been updated with all on WindowsUpdate section.
    RAID controller and USB2 EHC has different IRQ and I/O.

I can't see any logical connection between these two.
    Kind regards
    Tarzan

Thread Information