Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: asus P4S333

Hello,

Is there someone who can help me ?

I've got an motherboard asus P4S333 and a sound blaster live 5.1 card on it.
    I only hear sound or music on one speaker channel (the right channel). Everyhting is connected and the software is correctly configurated.
    I've made a lot of tests and I think that it may exist a problem with the motherboard. Maybe something is not correctly connected on it, but what ?
    That problem occures a well when there is no sound blaster, when using the C-media audio card included in the motherboard.
    Thank you for answering to a poor french girl....
    :confused:

Maybe the left speaker is bad? If you are useing a 2 speaker system, there should be a cable that connects the left and right speakers. If this is connected, it may be bad. It is probably not your motherboard. Is there a balance knob on the right speaker (set it to the full left position to hear the left speaker only to check).

thank you for answering but the speakers work properly on an other PC. We also tryed with others speakers and its the same.
    Bye.
    Corinne

hmmm, I had some issues with my SB live when I transfered it from my old computer to my new computer, the sound was really bad. I am not sure what the problem was, but here is what I did :
    1. Reseated the sound card... also cleaned off gold connectors
    2. Reinstalled the drivers from creative, not microsoft!
    3. cleaned the stero plug that went from the speakers to the sound card
    This helped my...probably b/c my sb live was really dusty :(

You might want to also try the sound card in a different computer...to see if it is damaged. Okay...nm i guess you tried that

Well, do this. Turn off the on baord sound. Put the sound card into a different slot and see if it will work.

Also, double chec in windows to see if it is a blance issue... it might acciddentally be set to have only noise come out of the one speaker. :lips:

ok,
    I've already done everything you told me : clean off gold connectors, reinstal the drivers from creative, clean the stereo plug, try the sound card in a different computer,put the sound card into a different slot, check in windows the balance...

The SB card is OK, the speakers too. The balance is ok. The driver from creative is installed.
    I thing i've done whatever it can be. I wanted to know if there is a motherboard connector that I've didn't put correctly for the output line.

Bye

Corinne

There aren't any mobo connectors to the sound card for sound output from the card.

Thread Information