Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ABIT At7 Max 2 Dead

Quote Originally Posted by saidin
    Yes it is. It is not the PSU, it is turing on...alll the fan are running..

About hte Cmos, I always thought you had to change he jumper...turn the computer on. But I guess not. It does not matter about the cmos, it was not posting before I even tried that option. Anyways, mobo is dad in the water.....:laugh:
    Wow, this sux0rs! :cry: :cry: :cry:
    I had the same problem with my first EPoX 8KHA+.. got it.. spent a half an hour getting everything plugged in, and organized.. it would power up fine, but no display. Swapped out video card to check that too. Chatted with the techies for a bit and they agreed with me that it was a great candidate for a RMA.

RMA'd it and the one I have works just fine. Sometimes you get a lemon.
    Chris "Raven"
    News Crew - TweakTown
    <!--
    <font size=1>
    <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
    - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
    - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
    - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
    </font>
    // -->
    "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Oh, as for CMOS clearing: Remove the jumper, and move it to the Clear CMOS position. Wait 30 seconds, and flip the jumper back to its original position.

Make sure your power is either disconnected, or the switch is off on the PSU first. When the CMOS clears, it usually re-enables the "Power on after power loss" feature, and restarts the computer. I did that once and it scared the bejeesus out of me.
    Chris "Raven"
    News Crew - TweakTown
    <!--
    <font size=1>
    <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
    - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
    - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
    - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
    </font>
    // -->
    "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

hehe, well considering it will not boot up. Even after clearing the cmos. Nothing, nada. No post. All I get is the fans and the 5 v indicator. I cannot do much with that, except look at the pretty light. hehehe
    :cry:

Hey saidin, where did you buy your mobo from?
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

computerhq.com, but I would not get it from them. They have been nothing but a thorn in my side. Just trying to get an RMA number and derictions emailed to me, with shipping address took forever. No one ever picks up the phone there. OMG, it was annoying!

I finally got it sent off, but won't get a new one for another two weeks. It is ridiculous. :bounce2:

:cry: oh well. Because newegg and the site I was going to order it from doesnt have it in stock *runs into room and cries*

yeah they are not getting them in until the mid october. That is a long ways away. Have you looked at the Soyo KT400, which is in stock at Newrgg.com. The only difference b/w it and the max2 is there is no firewire on the soyo...otherwise they are the same board. :p

edit:
    oh yeah I forgot there is no serial ata on the soyo boards, but there is a riser card you can buy that will allow you to hook sata to the board...eventually!

well it is now on its way back...woot!!!! I should see it in about a week!

Quote Originally Posted by saidin
    well it is now on its way back...woot!!!! I should see it in about a week!
    Alright, hope you don't have anymore problems with the board :thumb:.

Yeah, I am looking foward to getting my new new mobo. I will be really upset if I have problems with this one also.
    Oh, forgot to mention..I am ordering my 9700...whoohooo. I will finally no longer be using my TNT2. Wow how I have put the TNT2 to good use. But its gota go!

hehe:laugh:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information