Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ABIT At7 Max 2 Dead

Well,
    I am back with my old computer, ahhh old faithful.
    I was playing some counter-stike with my new computer and the server switched maps, and my computer froze. I was like hmmm, this is odd. So I restarted my computer. No post, no boot. Damnit I thought, muse be my vc. Well I took it out and plugged into my old computer. Booted with video.
    Well to make a long story short...after resteating everything..my mobo is dead.
    I know it is not the procesor or mem, b/c I burned it in for 1.5 days...and it was fine after that. The cpu temp was always well within the range. Both mem and cpu were under a lot of stress!

Also, when I tried to clear the cmos it would not power on to reset it...so I am 98% sure it is the mobo. I am really annoyed right now, b/v I was loving my new computer!! :shoot3: :snip:

sorry bud, that really sucks @ss !:thumbs do

can you replace it on warranty ?

yeah, I am going to RMA it to the place I bought it from...the only problem is that it will take a while...cause I have to ship to them and then they have to "test" it and then they will ship it back. So, yes, but it will be a while. :laugh:

Is the 5v standby led lit on the mobo? If not, could it be the psu? I am also confused when you say "when I tried to clear the cmos it would not power on to reset it". The cmos resets with the power off. You should even use an "off" switch on the psu or unplug it.

Keep us updated Saidin...That **** sucks bro...: peace2:
    - Damien

That really sucks. CS is the devil :(. Anyway hope I don't get the same probs and that you get your mobo back soon :cry:.
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

bigjackusa
    Is the 5v standby led lit on the mobo
    Yes it is. It is not the PSU, it is turing on...alll the fan are running..

About hte Cmos, I always thought you had to change he jumper...turn the computer on. But I guess not. It does not matter about the cmos, it was not posting before I even tried that option. Anyways, mobo is dad in the water.....:laugh:
    Wow, this sux0rs! :cry: :cry: :cry:

As I recall, powering up the mobo with jumper set to clear cmos can burn out some small capacitors. If that happened, I hope they don't see it when you rma it. They might be hard to convince that it was screwed up before that.
    Good luck anyway.

hmm, I do not think that did any thing.....since the one time I tried it, it never turned on. Plus, I have check the mobo to see if anything looks like it might of burned out, but I have not been able to see anything....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information