Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: No sound from my new ecs k7s5a

I've just cranked up my new ecs k7s5a/ 1.1Ghz Duron that i got from Fry's :) . when i got it loaded for internet it worked like a charm. then my boy loaded Starsiege and Starwars Pod racer and pooF!!!!:mad: no sound. i've tried reloading os/codec audio driver countless number of times. it has less than 24 hours on it. what gives? if you have any ideas, i could use some help before i go out and get a sound card for this thing. after reading the rave reviews i hope the sound chip is not fried. e-mail me, i've got a 2 x 4 in my hands and i'm not afraid to use it.

what OS are you running?
    I had problems with my k7s5a and win 98, any thing else worked fine.
    Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1662Mhz | Volcano 7+ HSF | Soltek SL-75DRV5 | 256MB Corsair XMS-3000 DDR RAM | 44x44x24 Yamaha CDR-W F1 | 16x Liteon DVD | 40Gig 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda | 20Gig 5400rpm Seagate | GeForce2 MX-400 | SB Live! | RTL8139A NIC | RTL8139B NIC | 12 Fans | 1 x ss Blue cc | 2 x Red Neons | 450W Codgen PSU | Logitech Z-340 2.1 Sub and sats | 17" Osborune Monitor | Win XP Pro | M$ explorer rat and keyboard | Everglide Attack Optical

Could he have blown the speakers playing the games? Do you have another set of speakers or headphones to try? Make sure "line out" is not muted. Are there any audio problems in device manager? Even though it's not supposed to happen, could one of the games have overwritten Direct X with an older version?

thanks for the terrific response. my speakers that i've had for years are dead (sometimes a parent has to let go). i guess the surge of the new power supply overwelhmed them. i got got to get my kids to stop cranking up the rock and roll on my machine. reloading directx 8.1. did help with the aid of a good set of earphones. i can get some sound but very soft (with the volume cranked up all the way, hhmmmm?) We'll give it the ole college try. much thanks for the help.

I'm runniing my k7s5a w/ duron 1.1Ghz 200 Mhz FSB (128 cache) , Windows Me (home version), 40 Gig Matrox 7200 rpm,
    (old) diamond 3d 2000 (4 Mb video), 512 Mb Sdramm. most of the pieces came from my old 166Mhz pentium that i've been running for the last 5 years. most of the upgrades are for the kids games and home use.:thumb: thanks

That was another problem with the ECS K7S5A board, the sound was not very loud straight out of the back.
    The trick is to pull appart some (working) speakers, and a bit of electronics and creativatie and make a mini pre-amp box :thumb:
    I made one, quite easy, just check the speaker quality first coz you don't want it sounding too crap.

your right .... i put a pair of amplified speakers on the back and it sounds grreat. turns out my old speakers still work on my other machine.

It just could have been that the signal from the codex just wasn't strong enough for the old speakers to amplify, that board has 1 of the lowest ouput signals that I've come across (PC No.3). ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thread Information