Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Abit KX7333R

Hi Dudes

I know that a lot of you guys are owners of P4's so I'm hoping for no bias feedback here.... :D

What are you thoughts on the Abit KX7333R mobo. I did a little bit of reading and this mobo looks like a real winner.... ;)

PS:
    Even though the Via KT333 chipset supports DDR333 RAM, would it still run stable if I was to use x2 Corsair 256MB DDR400 RAM modules instead?

Thanx again guys....
    Without my other half in my life, where would I be - Absolutely nowhere

CASE: Antec Plusview 1000AMG || PSU: Antec TrueBlue 480 Watt || HSF: ThermalTake Copper Spark7+ || CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3Ghz (800Mhz) running @ 3.5Ghz || MOBO: Abit IC7-G (BIOS Rev: 16) || RAM: Corsair TWINX 512MB DDR (PC3200) || VIDEO: Asus V8420 GeForce4 Ti4200 128MB || SOUND: Creative Audigy 2 Platinum || HDD: x2 Seagate Barracuda Serial V 120GB (RAID 0) || CD: Pioneer 16x40x 106S Slot DVD / LiteOn 52x24x52 CD-RW || OS: Windows XP Professional SP1

Hey M8,

I currently own one of these boards.. Its definately what all the reviews are saying, a pure winner..

BUT if you are llooking for ocing, this board comes up on top with the VMOD, other then that look at epox and there series of kt333 mobos.. still #1 in the ocing category

running 2x sticks of ddr 400 will cause u no problems until you oc.. u usually tend to get a higher oc with one stick, if you can buy one stick but with more memory

all the best
    Tio

Quote Originally Posted by two5om
    Hi Dudes

I know that a lot of you guys are owners of P4's so I'm hoping for no bias feedback here.... :D

What are you thoughts on the Abit KX7333R mobo. I did a little bit of reading and this mobo looks like a real winner.... ;)

PS:
    Even though the Via KT333 chipset supports DDR333 RAM, would it still run stable if I was to use x2 Corsair 256MB DDR400 RAM modules instead?

Thanx again guys....

I use that exact mobo for my main rig....and lemme tell its been great so far; in all aspects, overclocking, stability, compatiablity...real nice and its has 4 memory slots most mobos don't...6 pci, raid, real nice...its winner in my book for sure.

And for the sec question about the memory...i don't think it would. Some motherboards do support higher mems unofficially but i believe this one does not.
    - Damien

I'm also tossing up between the Gigabyte GA-7VRXP RAID mobo aswell guys. As for the Epox board, all I've heard is that they are headaches. So many problems with Epox. I've spoke to quite a number of dudes that have had to return that board back for warranty.... :(

Do you guys OC if so, tell me a little about your system specs and how far you guys push your systems.

Thanx guys.... :)

CASE: Antec Plusview 1000AMG || PSU: Antec TrueBlue 480 Watt || HSF: ThermalTake Copper Spark7+ || CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3Ghz (800Mhz) running @ 3.5Ghz || MOBO: Abit IC7-G (BIOS Rev: 16) || RAM: Corsair TWINX 512MB DDR (PC3200) || VIDEO: Asus V8420 GeForce4 Ti4200 128MB || SOUND: Creative Audigy 2 Platinum || HDD: x2 Seagate Barracuda Serial V 120GB (RAID 0) || CD: Pioneer 16x40x 106S Slot DVD / LiteOn 52x24x52 CD-RW || OS: Windows XP Professional SP1

I own a KX7-333 *non raid*. It's a very nice board, VERY STABLE. Only issue I have with it is that my heatsink *coolermaster hhc-001* has those funky heatpipes and they just barely touch 2 capacitors near the cpu socket. I don't think this will be an issue though considering they don't get too hot.

My Main rig

KX7-333
    XP 2100+
    512mb pc2700 cas2 Corsair XMS
    Abit Geforce4 Ti4200 64mb
    TurtleBeach Santa Cruz 5.1
    Linksys Nic
    Belkin/NEC USB 2.0 Card
    Compusa v.92 56k modem *hey it was cheaper than dirt*
    Maxtor ATA133 40gig 7200 rpm hd
    LiteOn 16x DVD
    LiteOn 48x12x48x CDRW
    Antec SX635 Case with 350watt ps *undergoing some mods, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN DONE IF MY WINDOW KIT WASN'T CRAPPY, I'm currently using a saran wrap window*
    Logitech Multimedia keyboard
    Logitech Mousman Dual Optical Mouse
    Logitech Z-340 speakers
    Samsung 753df 17" monitor
    HP Deskjet 3820 Printer

Not too bad for a 16 year old who works in a restaurant, eh?
    http://www.ibosh.com/userstats2.php?...5,255&email=42
    http://www.ibosh.com/lwdteamstats.php
    "It's ok to prick your finger, but don't finger your prick."

Not bad dude but you sound like a 16 year old thats single with no girl therefore you spend every single dollar on your PC.... :D

Don't get me wrong though because there's nothing wrong with that at all even though some people may take it the wrong way.

HEY NOW!!! Believe but you want, but my girls a year older than me, smokin hot body, we are BOTH in the same computer classes at school, and we work together.

We kinda had to break up for a while due to the fact her fathers a racist prick who dosen't want his daughter dating white guys, shes chinese, but after talking with him some, I believe I proved him that im not what he believes is a "typical white guy".

Damn dude.

Would you believe that you and I are in the same boat.... :mad:

Quote Originally Posted by two5om
    Damn dude.

Would you believe that you and I are in the same boat.... :mad:
    Yea, lifes a *****, and then you marry one and then you die.

Pfft.....Still you live in Austrailia, when you get pissed, you can always go surfing or drive insanely fast out in the middle of nowhere. Stuff to do in America is rather limiting, what am I going to do??? Surf the Missouri River??? Id be under water in 30 feet *VERY STRONG UNDERTOW*

Thread Information