Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: xp2200+ detecting problem..

i have an xp2200+ with the samsung 512mb pc2700 ram and when i turn on my computer, my computer detects my cpu as a duron processor. the chip is an amd athlon processor. i tested the cpu out with a asus a7v333 and a gigabyte ga-7vrxp mobos. they both detect it as a duron processor. is the problem because of the cpu itself? i bought it as OEM. i tried different video card but its still the same problem.. would the problem be because of the ram?? anybody know anything about this problem?

thanks

Are you sure you got a 2200+ or a shafted duron?:?:
    - Damien

Sounds like you got duped. :thumbs do

Hmmm better talk to the people you got it from quick!
    Thats why sometimes paying a little more for the boxed CPUs could be a good idea

Ram is not the problem. I don't know if FSB set at 100 could cause the problem or not (What speed is it reported runnning?). Attached is a pic of a Duron chip and where to see if it is labeled as a Duron (I haven't heard of re-marking chips for a long time.). If it is indeed a Duron, I would like to know who you bought it from.

i checked the CPU and it says its an xp2200.. i ran the pcmark test on my processor and it is about 1000 points slower than regular athlon 2200+. and instead of saying the processor is an duron 1800ghz, it says duron 1777mhz. 1777mhz is an duron processor that is overclocked to 133mhz. whenever i set the clock speed to 100mhz, its a 1.3 ghz duron. nobody else has never seen this problem?

Do both motherboards have the latest BIOS updates? :?:

Here's a link to a utility that may help with the chip identity:

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.htm

What I reckon is goin' on here is that both BIOS's are of an age that they support the SSE instructed "Morgan" core Durons but just old enough no to know about "Thoroughbreds" and this is why its being detected as a Duron, as they had SSE instructions then but the Athlons didn't till a bit later. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thread Information