Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Back to the old mobo problem

Well I thought I was set because I was going to buy an Abit-MAX2. But I recently found out that It's not going to be in most stores till mid-October. That doesnt exactly work since I am ordering parts for my new comp this Friday/Saturday. I was looking at some Epox/Soyo boards but they don't support the DDR400mhz RAM I was looking forward too. It has to be able to work with the stuff in my sig. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-PGA1234
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

You'll be using an Athlon I take it?
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Yep, everything in my sig. Except the Abit-Max2 of course

Why not go a KT400 solution?
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

That's what I have been looking at. I just DO NOT know what the good mobo's are. I would rather get some opinions from more experienced computer builders than make a half-arsed decision :(.

You won't go wrong with a board from Soyo or Epox, IMP.
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

I was looking at the Soyo Dragon+ Platinum edition is that any good? I heard the Epox boards were better for overclocking and I would like my overclocking experience to be easy as it can be. Since it's my first time :).

-PGA1234

Well I found a new EPoX board - EP-8RDA8+. Now is this board good? It supports everything I need even the newer 333mhz FSB AMD's. But is this board available to buy? And how hard is it to install a graphics card on a mobo that has integrated graphics?

Just get an Abit KX7-333, Its a KT333 Chipset, not KT400, but theres no need of having a KT400 chipset since the athlon XP 2200+ does not run at a 333mhz fsb. I've read somewhere that the KT333 chipset could possibly support the future 333mhz fsb athlons, but that isnt set in stone yet. The Corsair pc3200 memory will let you achieve a solid overclock on your system.

My friends and I over at Littlewhitedog.com are strong supporters of the KX7-333, several of us, Including me have them in use without any problems whatsoever. Its a terrific value for $82 on newegg.com.
    http://www.ibosh.com/userstats2.php?...5,255&email=42
    http://www.ibosh.com/lwdteamstats.php
    "It's ok to prick your finger, but don't finger your prick."

EPoX do have 2 KT400 boards but they are not easy to find and this maybe because the KT400 chipset is a disappointment atm when it comes to DDR400 support (more like SDRAM performance atm) but run as a DDR333 setup it's very fast. I really wouldn't be surprised at all to see a KT400A chipset being released (or maybe a heavy BIOS overhaul or 2) but I'll stick with the KT333 chipset as it should last the life of socket A setups (2-3yrs at the most now) but it already, though unofficially, supports the 166MHz FSB and should only require a BIOS flash to be able to handle the 512KB L2 cached "Barton" cores which are due at the end of the year now. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information