Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Epox 8K5A2+ buzzing

thats probably because the WD-40 got every where, try to keep the lubrication in a cofined area, and i the sticker wont stick back down a LITTLE bit of super glue might help.

like how shoving the tip of a q-tip into the motor part?

WD 40 is the last thing that I would've used (more likely to do damage with that stuff there). :eek:

Get some light machine oil (sewing machine oil) and it only takes a couple of drops plus ya only had to peal the sticker halfway. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

wd-40 can cause damage?

I mean there is another reason why I used it

it smells good

if instead of using the proper item every time we did something we used something that smelt good instead, THEN!!!...... um, yeah something :confused:

Also I'm not conviced on the concept of WD-40 sniffing :bounce:
    Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1662Mhz | Volcano 7+ HSF | Soltek SL-75DRV5 | 256MB Corsair XMS-3000 DDR RAM | 44x44x24 Yamaha CDR-W F1 | 16x Liteon DVD | 40Gig 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda | 20Gig 5400rpm Seagate | GeForce2 MX-400 | SB Live! | RTL8139A NIC | RTL8139B NIC | 12 Fans | 1 x ss Blue cc | 2 x Red Neons | 450W Codgen PSU | Logitech Z-340 2.1 Sub and sats | 17" Osborune Monitor | Win XP Pro | M$ explorer rat and keyboard | Everglide Attack Optical

WD 40 is designed as a penetrator of rust which will quickly get in, lubricate and then breakdown any lubricant left so that fresh lubricant can be applied or to dispurse moisture from certain electrical components and connections. Soon after you did that it would've started its breakdown phase soon that fan will be just as noisy and very quickly get even noisier. :devil win

ohhh. This I seriously didn't know that*sniffs*. I only shot it up once in that particular fan (hd cooler). Did I cause much damage? Is there anything that I can do to fix it? Or is it simply buy a new HD cooler. I'm just glad I did it on my cheap HD cooler that I got for free. And not on my fan that came with my case. *sniffs*.

But anyway I don't sniff the WD-40 I just happen to think it smells good. You gotta admit that right?

Just get some light oil in there quickly before any major damage is done. ;)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information