Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock H61M-VG3 new pc build, extremely low sound on 3.5mm mic

Exclamation Asrock H61M-VG3 new pc build, extremely low sound on 3.5mm mic

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this, I have recently built a new PC with these specs: Asrock H61M-VG3 motherboard, Intel Celeron G1610 dual core 2.6GHz processor, 8Gb 1333MHz RAM, Asus Nvidia GTX 660 2Gb graphics card, Samsung 400Gb HDD, Liteon DVD R/RW, Microsoft 2000 wireless keyboard & mouse. I'm hoping I haven't missed anything there, as you can probably tell I'm a noob at all this.

My problem is that everything is up and running fine, except the sound it appears. When attempting to use my external mic, plugged into the front or even rear mic jack, the sound it picks up is UNBELIEVABLY low, so low, unless I'm practically chewing the end of it, it won't pick up anything.

It worked fine on the old Win7 32bit OS I was running previous to this, crystal clear from an easy 10ft away as it's a very sensitive Logitech mic.
    I've done all the usual stuff like turn up the volume to it, increased the decibel boost (which makes a constant hiss on recordings yet no voice picked up). I just can't think what to do next, I'm obviously not the only person with this fault at the internet is full of these kinds of posts, I was just hoping to find a better class of genius here that will be able to help me with this.

Many thanks.
    Last edited by Ironside32; 08-11-2013 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Missed brand of GPU card

Question Re: Asrock H61M-VG3 new pc build, extremely low sound on 3.5mm mic

HELLOOOOOOO Anyone out there????

Thread Information