Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Ga-7vrxp

I see peoplpe have been having alot of problems with this board and was wondering if is anygood.I saw that it was a top pic at Tom's Hardware. Answere soon please need an answer goona get it for my B-day present if it is good,on Sunday. Thnx
    Mess with the Best,
    Die like the Rest
    There are worse things than Death, and I can do them All.
    Backup has arrived
    Stupid people do stupid things, Smart people outsmart each other

I have finally gotten mine working after 8 months.

Here's what I had
    1800 plus running at 1.15Ghz instead of the proper 1.53 Ghz

I was told to update bios (easy with included windows utility) and then to flip a switch on the mobo from AUTO (=100Mhz) to OFF (=133Mhz).

this did make it run at 1.53Ghz (133x11.5 multiplier), but only for a few minutes and then it would lock up. what i did was keep this setting at 133, then increase core voltage to +5% in the BIOS settings. now it seems to run stable (it's been on a few hours now) and runs at 1.53Ghz as it should. it now runs a bit hotter, but still within acceptable range.

Hope this helps. I'd avoid this board like the plague if it were mine to do over again.
    XP 1800+
    512MB PC2700 Samsung
    GA-7VRXP Rev 1, bios ver F11
    18GB SCSI, 80 GB WD 7200 RPM 8MB Cache HDD

can you then give me a good board at about the same price lets say 20 bucks above at max so around 140
    Mess with the Best,
    Die like the Rest
    Backup has arrived

I have had my GA-7VR (no RAID) for since June and am very delighted with its' ability and adaptability. Like Boskone I am running an Athlon 1800, 512MB DDR333 andalso use a Volcano 7 HS/Fan, Radeon 8500 pure, SB Live,CD-R, DVD two Maxtor 30 GBs and HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS!

It rocks, I build many systems and did not want or need the hassle of RAID controllers!!
    Newbies should steer clear of them!

It really does ROCK and I have not had any BIOS issues ...other than loving the adjustability and overclocking ability such as FSB (in 1 MHz increments), AGP voltage, Core Voltage, DRAM voltage!

I have updated the Via 4in1 like everyone else with a KT333 chipset!

I'm really surprised to hear there are probs but am definitely not a RAID advocate and wonder if that belies the problem!?

so it is a good board
    the one i'm looking at has raid cuz thats a feature i want
    well if it doesn't work outi'll return it
    i'm getting it from a local vendor
    Mess with the Best,
    Die like the Rest
    Backup has arrived

My bud got the Asus A7V333 and it also works fine, maybe not Dual BIOS (like the Gigabyte) and probably close to being as tweakable.
    What about theirs...don't know what the RAID model is like as he also has had RAID issues and doesn't want another.
    Sure would be nice to wait for serial ATA though...coming soon and blowing away ATA133!

My mobo is not exactly state-of-the-art (MSI K7T266 PRO-2ru), but I've built a couple of machines with this board and never had raid problems. I've built a couple of boxes with Iwill raid boards (not usually much for oc'ing, but very stable). I have not used their newest boards, but I would have no problems recomending either brand and expecting raid to work as advertised.

I have the GA-7AXP and it is a very nice board. You can get it for $113 at www.newegg.com. It is very nice, I like it alot.
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

Actually I have used these boards before and found them to be good performers but they are found lacking compared to the EPoX versions when overclocking. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

ok
    thanks Wiggo i think since i have to order online i'll get the Epox EP-8K5A3+ from Newegg
    Mess with the Best,
    Die like the Rest
    Backup has arrived

Thread Information