Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $140

I have about $140 USD to spend at newegg on a new Athlon board and was wondering what you could steer me torwards.I was looking at the Abit KD7 after you said not to get the Gigbyte. Then to the Epox I went but I am still undiced I want a featrue rich board with good overclocking.Thanks Alex
    Mess with the Best,
    Die like the Rest
    There are worse things than Death, and I can do them All.
    Backup has arrived
    Stupid people do stupid things, Smart people outsmart each other

Soyo has a very nice KT400 board which you might like to look for.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

The soyo KT400 board is also more than $140 USD. What are you going to do with your new computer. Do you need raid, do you want to overclock? Personally, I tried the Abit at7 max2 (ver similiar to the KD7) and I had a lot of trouble with it...I was less than impressed. I am currently usingthe Soyo KT333 PE, and it is great...($150 at newegg). Epox is also a great board for overclocking...I have not tried one, but have read great things about them...also they are really cheap for the features they have on them. You can get a good EPOX KT333 board with raid for a little over 100USD, which is nice! Hope this helps. Let us know what you decide!
    :thumb:

there has to be RAID(gonna get a couple of 8mb cache)USB 2.0 ,LAN, Sound(not real important) i was looking at the Epox 8K3A+ and looked like it got some real good reviews so does anybody have the 8K3A+ to tell me if they have hads any probs
    Mess with the Best,
    Die like the Rest
    There are worse things than Death, and I can do them All.
    Backup has arrived
    Stupid people do stupid things, Smart people outsmart each other

I've used quite a few 8K3A/+'s in systems that I've built and never had any troubles with them. :thumb:

Picked up my first 8K5A3+ yesterday so in a day or two I'll let ya know how I find it but it does come with USB 2.0. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    Picked up my first 8K5A3+ yesterday so in a day or two I'll let ya know how I find it but it does come with USB 2.0. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>
    Damn the luck. I've been looking all over the place for one of those baords and they aren't to be found anywhere in the States. Maybe because of those idiotic dock workers going on strike for about a month? :shoot2:
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I misread the model number. I'm looking for the 8K9A3+ mainboard. Uses the KT400 chipset. Can't find them ANYWHERE in the States.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

ahhh, well in that case....I do not know of where to get one. I did not realize that the Epox KT400 solutions had even entered the retail market. I know that they have been released on paper....hmmm? :confused:
    I am curious to see a review of the board!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information