Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: sis 648 chipset shootout

when will we see a shootout of mobos based on the sis 648 chipset? if there has already been a shootout, please post the link.

i am wanting to build my new system but i'm waiting for a comparison between the manufactures of these boards.

also, does anybody know of comparisons between high end intel systems and high end xp sytems.. eg, kt400 and sis648

all i need for my new system is a cpu and mobo. but i don't know what to buy.

:cheers:

I would skip the SiS 648 and wait for either the Intel Granite bay chipset or the Sis 655 that both will be out in less than a month (from what I have read), and support dual channel DDR. you can use inexpensive PC 2100 DDR and the memory speed will fly!

If you combine the dual channel DDR with the memory bandwith hungry P4 3.0 Ghz (with hyperthreading) you will be the fastest dude on the block
    Asus P4PE
    P4 2.53 @ 2.9
    ATI Radeon 9700
    80 GB Barracuda IV
    256 MB PC 3200 Samsung DDR
    Stock voltages
    Intel Retail CPU Cooler

Quote Originally Posted by vnitto
    I would skip the SiS 648 and wait for either the Intel Granite bay chipset or the Sis 655 that both will be out in less than a month (from what I have read), and support dual channel DDR. you can use inexpensive PC 2100 DDR and the memory speed will fly!

If you combine the dual channel DDR with the memory bandwith hungry P4 3.0 Ghz (with hyperthreading) you will be the fastest dude on the block
    Hi guys,

I am/was just about to buy a P4 2.8 with radeon 9700 but it (a well-priced MESH box) has an ASUS P4S8X mobo.... looks like the latest ASUS bios update has cured the stability probs, but nailed performance.

I am into 3D games bigtime, but without the finances/know-how/permission from wife to upgrade every year or so. The intention was to get the best possible machine and hope it'll survive 3 years (since I can get funding from my company, but only on full systems and only once every 3 years). Hence the fact that there are architectural changes between the 2.8 and the 3.x doesn't bother me too much, since by the time I upgrade everything will be out-of-date anyway! But now I am wondering...

When you say these things will be out in a month, is that in the US/FE? When are these items likely to be available to buy in the UK? What are the finger-in-the-air *estimated* performance improvements over the spec I was thinking of getting?

Cheers for any info

...and now I am TOTALLY screwed up as a mate here at work has just said he "wouldn't touch an ATI with someone else's barge pole"! and that the forthcoming nv30 will blow the 9700 away.

So, next question: when, in your expert opinions, are we likely to see an nvidia directx9 graphics card in the UK?!

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by vnitto

will the intel granite and sis655 have agp8x, usb 2.0, and firewire support?

where can i read more about dual channel ddr boards?

thanks

Thread Information