Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: How much RAM??? Help!

I have a Matsonic Socket370 Board (MS7177CT)
    Matsonic's web site says that my board only supports 768MB of RAM. On the motherboard manual it says it supports up to 1.5GB!! What's up with this? I don't want to buy ram to test it cuz I don't have much money, so if it doesn't work, I won't waste my money. If someone has an idea please let me know!
    Celeron 700 (@ 913MHz)
    Matsonic MS7177CT
    60GB Maxtor ATA133 7200RPM
    384MB PC133 Micron
    64MB GeForce2MX 400 W/ TV-Out
    12X DVD Toshiba
    12X10X32 NEC CDRW
    Audigy Platinum EX 5.1 Sound
    Logitech THX 5.1 Surround Sound
    17" Monitor
    Crap Case

You will really only need 512mb :thumb:, But anyway, how many DIMM slots are there? Because if it is 2 it may only support 768mb stick per slot, i.e. you can have 2 x 768 which makes it 1.5gb's.
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

512 is a good bet, especially if you aren't running Windows XP. In Windows 98se, that would be more then enough to run smoothly.

Ah yes I see the chipset itself supports 1.5GB of memory but the board manufacturer (who I've never heard of till now) has done what many other OEM manufacturers have done and cut memory capacity support down to get greater stability. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

pga1234

Never heard of a 768mb stick.

Wiggo

Matsonic has been around for quite a while. I looked in my file cabinet and found a Matsonic mobo manual (MS-5120) that says it supports processors up to P233mmx. They make budget boards that are most suited for things like office machines.

Thread Information