Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Cpu

:confused: I have a MSI K7T266 pro2/MS-6380.The manual says it supports up to a 1800+ I have a 2100+ in it.I was wondering am I getting the full use out of my processsor????
    thanks for the input.

That depends. What speed is your CPU operating at? Is it running at the default speed of the 2100+? Or is it running at the speed of an 1800+ (1.53GHz).

If you're worried about the performance, you might be able to update your motherboard's BIOS to include support for newer CPU's.

http://www.msicomputer.com/support/bios_result.asp

Select "Motherboard-AMD Platform" on the "Model:" dropdown menu. This will refresh the list to include only AMD motherboards.

Next, select "K7T266 Pro2-RU (MS6380)". In case you were wondering, it's the 24th down from the top.

Click "Search".

That should give you a list of the KTt266_Pro2-RU BIOS updates. The most current one is version 3.7. http://216.158.218.35/edoc/bios_uploads/6380v37.zip

Make sure you read the AMI BIOS instructions on how to update. Could mean the difference between a new coffee table or a whole new world of performance :thumb:
    Chris "Raven"
    News Crew - TweakTown
    <!--
    <font size=1>
    <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
    - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
    - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
    - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
    </font>
    // -->
    "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

I downloaded the bios.
    When I double left on in the winzip file it says... the chipset isn't supported.Add-in a proper module or assign one,I have no idea how to do that.
    When I go in....How to flash the bios... it says to make an Xp boot disk I did that....then it says ...when at A: go to C: It won't let me go to C:
    I also tried the last one which says....for non-fat file system...boot from 98 start up,which doesn't work.It says.... Disk I/O error.
    My file system is NTFS.
    I'm stuck as to what to do now.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help Raven.

Have a GREAT day!

:bounce: Thank you very much.

Have a GREAT day!

Hmm.. Strange that you'd get an I/O error.

Try copying, and changing to drive D: instead of C:..

If that does not work, Try using the same Windows XP boot disk you used for the first procedure.

Switch to the floppies with the bios update and program on it. Ignoring the "copy x files to RAMDRIVE, and then switch to D:\", run the programs directly from the floppy. You may be able to get around it and update from the A: drive. Be sure to backup the previous BIOS while you're doing this.

Check your BIOS to make sure there isn't an option enabled to protect the BIOS from any outside programs flashing it. I had a problem when my motherboard had the security feature enabled by default. When I disabled it, I was able to get it to work.

I was able to flash my BIOS using an almost identical procedure for a NTFS drive. Let me know if you have the same I/O error.

ALSO: Since the suggestions I'm giving you are NOT the procedure recommended by MSI, be very careful. This either won't work, or will work. There's also the chance that the world could be against you on this particular day and the BIOS flash will screw up somewhere. Find some wood and knock on it.

Hope this helps you! :thumb:
    Chris "Raven"
    News Crew - TweakTown
    <!--
    <font size=1>
    - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
    - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
    </font>
    // -->
    "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

:cool: Thanks for your help.A friend of mine came over and did it for me,while I was at work.I'm not sure how he did it though.Since I was not here.:thumb:

Well I'm glad it's updated just the same! Sometimes these things can be large headaches that nobody needs.

Any more questions, don't hesistate to ask! That's what we're here for. :smokin:
    Chris "Raven"
    News Crew - TweakTown
    <!--
    <font size=1>
    </font>
    // -->

Thread Information