Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Question

I just bought the xp 2400+ and i am interested in buying the abit KX7-333 motherboard. Now is anybody here using this combination? if its so, do i need to update the bios or i don't have to?

Thanks in advance

Btw i have a copper cooler master cpu fan for the 2400+

Unless it has the latest BIOS revision already installed (doubtful), you will need to Flash the BIOS. It was originally designed to handle up to a 2100+ processor, but the latest revision (kx7b6) supports 2400+ and 2600+ processors. Here is the address with the download and information about the update:
    http://fae.abit.com.tw/eng/download/bios/kx7.htm

I don't use the combination that you are looking at, but I do have this motherboard at the moment and have had no issues with either compatability or stability with anything that I've thrown at it. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Thanks darthanion for your answer.

I have used abit mobo's before. I hope when i buy my mobo it has the bios updated

Glad to be of help. But as for your mainboard having the most recent BIOS, I wouldn't count on it. Of course, Abit has a pretty straightforward Flash utility and it is a simple matter to update, so it shouldn't be much of a problem regardless what BIOS comes with the board. :)
    My Toys

darthanion,

mhh i have never flash a bios, abit has a step by step guide of how to do it, is there any risk of screwing the mobo? or is it pretty safe to do it?

Thanks again

There is always a risk when Flashing a BIOS, but as long as you follow the directions exactly, you should have no problems. They tend to give very explicit (some might say anal) instructions for the process, but they are right on the money from all that I have seen. There will be a Flash utility required as well as extracting the BIOS revision into a hex format on the floppy disk used. It is all explained. :)
    My Toys

Thread Information