Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Repaired CPU socket pins dangerous for new CPU?

Default Repaired CPU socket pins dangerous for new CPU?

OK, it had to happen some time, I suppose. I've built, modified, and repaired more than a few computers over the years but I've bent some pins on an LGA 1150 socket through a couple stupid mistakes (one, really -- not being careful enough). I can probably bend the pins back.

The question is whether or not there's a risk to the $230 CPU that's going into that socket if something isn't right. I know the pins can't touch each other and they have to be positioned right but what if one pin isn't making an adequate contact? Could I fry the CPU? I don't have an old or cheap 1150 CPU around to test it with.

I've read different opinions. Does anyone really know?

Thanks.

Default Re: Repaired CPU socket pins dangerous for new CPU?

Trust me,, If Pins are aligned properly, There will not be any issue... Make sure pins are aligned not overlapped or will touch the cpu after installation

Default Re: Repaired CPU socket pins dangerous for new CPU?

Quote Originally Posted by naveed View Post
    Trust me,, If Pins are aligned properly, There will not be any issue... Make sure pins are aligned not overlapped or will touch the cpu after installation
    That's good to know. Thanks.

Mike

Thread Information