Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need a new gaming mb

i have a GeF3Ti500 and an SB Platinum LIVE on an Asus P2B Piii/450 Mhz mb. i want to put these great cards on a great (gamming) mb.

please, no AMD :flames: suggestions, only ones that support intel :thumb:

thx
    - sweet

I'd go with --- > an HT supporting good mobo ...[Gigabyte 8PE667]
    and 256 or 512 DDR333 256 PC2700 ram [Crucial, OCZ]
    and with P4 2.26 B [533fsb] or 2.4 B [533fsb].

mobo = 667 FSB ... [ http://tweaktown.com/document.php?
    dType=review&dId=399&dPage=1 ]
    You can upgrade ur processor after when the HT cpu comes out
    just a suggestion ...........

Thanks very much for the article comparing Asus and Gigabyte.

Since Asus seems to have no customer support I was leaning towards buying the GB, but after reading the article it seems that the benefits of Firewire and a Serial ATA outweighs the GB.

ASUS WINS!

thx again...
    - sweet

Glad to help :D !
    Asus has good features, but i think that in that review gigabyte scores a little more in some tests.
    Look in www.pcstats.com and you should find more motherboards.
    Look at the new Albraton Pro 2 Mother board and the MSI FIR 2 mother board at pcstats :D

I was looking at that GB 8PE667, but after reading the review about how it had some problems when running more than one stick of RAM, I decided to go back to ASUS. I got the P4PE and it's simply amazing. It has everthing you are looking for and maybe a little more. I ran benchmarks with my Ti4600 and my Ti500. Both cards are made by Visiontek. Here is the link for my Ti500 score http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=5003832 and the other one is in my sig. The ASUS board is very stable when overclocking also. Mine is not OC'd, and I still have great benchmarks. I have never been disappointed with ASUS boards. Good luck...
    <h6><font color=black>P4 2.53Mhz cooled by <a href="http://www.thermaltake.com/products/orbs/dragon478s.htm" target="_blank"><font color=green>TT P4 Dragon HSF</font></a>
    Asus P4PE 533Mhz fsb board w/<font color=red>Tt</font color> Tiger Orb chipset HSF
    Samsung 512MB PC2700 DDR333 Cas 2.5
    WD 40GB 7200rpm HDD
    Seagate 40GB 7200rpm HDD
    VisionTek G4 Ti4600 w/<font color=red>Tt</font color> G4 Copper VGA HSF & RAMsinks
    Using nVidia 42.68 Dets w/DX 9
    Samsung 16x DVD
    Lite-On 40X12X48 CD-RW
    Creative SB Live 5.1 X-Gamer
    Creative Inspire 5.1 Speakers
    <font color=red>Tt</font color> 420 watt PSU w/dual fans
    Viewsonic G810 21" CRT
    WinXP Pro Corp w/SP-1

nice man... you just made it harder for me to buy the Gigabyte 8PE667 mother board.........
    the thing i like about that mobo is the FSB is good.. but it doesn't have fireware ........ :( i' just want a mobo which is good and i won't need to change it atleast untill my next upgrade...... and the reason i like the Gigabyte one is the fsb...... and i usually need 6 USB ports...... but in future i might get something else which needs usb's to run it and that mobo has 10 usb ports.......
    :)

the GB is ok, it's just that as mrfin said, asus is very stable with oc'd cpus, which is my next project. (ill be asking mrfin about his oc'd cooling system - u might look for the thread if ur interested)

but i dont want any usb's so 6 is too many and 10 is insane!

i figure an asus w/ a 2.6ghz cpu and my sb live! and gef3ti500 cards will make me king of the freakin hill in ut2k3demo-ville!

me ---> :cry: <--- looser!

:thumb:
    - sweet

Ah...
    I need Stability!!!! i want stability!!!! i guess Asus is better then...... 6 USB ports are good and 10 is a bit too much [i agree] :D
    ok... to say the truth......... i was only looking forward to the gigabyte mobo for the color of the mother board............
    i hate the color yellow............... cuz i'm too used to it........ :D and the video card i'm gonna buy will be blue like the gigabyte mobo too......... heh
    i need to look more in performance........

And the main thing i'm upgrading is cuz of gaming [UT2003] thats all.......... :D i just want Kick ass ratings in that game.... and good performance overall, and stability and overclocking options and lots of other kool featurs............ thats all i ask for.

:eek: ..ooOO([dang thats alot])

so i just wanna ask... is the Asus and Gigabyte mobos all u have in ur minds?? no douts about the MSI one or the Albraton one?

yes, color is not important when playing ut2k3 :cheers:

i haven't had a chance to look into the other two: MSI or Albraton.

ill do a search for tweaktown articles on them and see if they perform as well as the asus. but i suspect that they won't b/c asus has a reputation built on their mobo's *performance* (not color :laugh: ) if u find any articles let me know - that GB vs ASUS you sent in the thread was mint :thumb:

i tend to buy name brands b/c their reputation is built up over the years after people tried the product and liked it.
    - sweet

Yo ... cheak this out..
    http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.html?i=1738&p=1
    it's a review from Anand Tech for the MSI mobo but it tests most of the Mother Boards.........
    Cheak it out... :D

This is another Review-
    MSI
    http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1273
    Albraton
    http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1271

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information