Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: will this be the best possible after january?.....

a Granite Bay motherboard $190 est.

a 3.06 ghz p4 with Hyper threading $500

and a Geforce FX 5800 ultra $500 :flames:

will this be the best of the best in January?

i feel that anyone upgrading now should consider waiting

p4 will drop cpu prices and the FX will drop vid card prices big time
    :afro:

Where are you coming up with "5800" and "Ultra"?... Just asking...

Yep that will be the best you can get at the beginning of next year unless Intel release a faster HT CPU but not sure about that.

As fo Granite bay.....it is only just on par with RDRAM so it is not ground breaking in any way.

As for the Geforce FX, that will probably not be ready by January from what I've heard.

i was gonna spend my money like right in december.......... and then i'll feel like a sucker if the price goes down right after i buy my hardware................. dam......... now what should i do... hah.. i can hardly wait till january....... but i'll give it a try..... :snip:

Quote Originally Posted by Final
    i was gonna spend my money like right in december.......... and then i'll feel like a sucker if the price goes down right after i buy my hardware................. dam......... now what should i do... hah.. i can hardly wait till january....... but i'll give it a try..... :snip:
    So lemme get this strait. You were gonna buy everything you wanted in Dec. when its the busiest shopping time of the year, buying pc hardware at that, then expect prices not to drop the next month? hmmmm... i think you should wait. Maybe just maybe the fact that Christmas falls somewhere in there has a little bearing on my advise...

yep i guess i'll wait n' enjoy with my slow 800 mhz till January... it's only one more month to wait.. i think i won't suffer alot. :D

you know whats sad??

the fact that i paid $400 for a geforce 3 when it first ca,e out about 1.5 years ago and now i am suffering with that and my 1.33 ath.

i thought i would never upgrage again when i saw how fast my computer was a year ago!! :cry:

They should make it so people who have bought a GeForce card in the past get a discount on the newer cards so upgrading isn't so stressful on the wallet.
    |: OS Windows XP SP1 PSU Allied 400w CPU AMD Athlon XP 2000+ HSF TT Volcano 9 W/ Arctic Silver 3 RAM 384MB DDR PC2100
    |: HDs 2x Maxtor 30gb 7200RPM CD-RW Lite-On 40x12x48x MB MSI KT3 Ultra Audio Delta 44 Audio Card DVD Lite-On LTD-166S
    |: Video Albatron GeForce4 Ti4200P (40.72) NIC Linksys 10/100 NC100v2 Monitor 17" Samsung SyncMaster 763MB

Then they wouldnt be such a rich company, thus eliminating some of their liquid cash available to the research and development divisions, making new technologies such as the GFFX slow to hit the market. And if they were to do that and ATI didnt. If it didnt catch on as the popular choice... man, that be a BIG mistake.

Good idea all in all, because not only would it build returning referral-type profit it would make the nVidia a well-liked company. Although a excellent and almost ful-proof venture market-wise, its a risky venture financially, thus since big business no longer has the balls to do anything good for the consumer anymore, we get screwed. If only humanitarian business actions were profitable and not just well respected...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information