Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Motherboard?

I'm getting yet another motherboard, due to my PSU blowing two of mine up, including two CPUs, I'm looking for a motherboard that's around 90 - 100 *My blown up GA-7VRXP being 87 in exchange for another*.

I'm not really looking for the latest features, like 400 MHz FSB, 8X AGP, and I'm not going to get another Giga-byte motherboard *due to exchanging reasons*

All I'm looking for in a motherboard, is Athlon XP support, at least 3 DDR slots, at least 333 MHz FSB, RAID, preferbly on-board LAN, at least 2 USB, at least 4X AGP, and at least 133 ATA support.

It'll be nice if it has a good benchmark aswell.

Thank you for any replies. :)

Well i'm no expert on this but i've been having problems with my KT4 Ultra. so i decided to look around and read good reviews about the Epox 8K5A2+. if you want, you could do a little research and maybe the reviews will make u decide. i just ordered it today so i'm hoping to get it friday.

Yeah the Epox 8K5A series would be nice.
    So have you replaced the PSU yet then?

You've seen lot of pc hardware blow ;) .. my 30 gigahardware got a fat32 error ..... dunno if i can repare it... ohh well it's dead for me now cuz it was about 5 months ago :D

EPoX 8K3A/+'s are very cheap atm and very fast plus still support the latest CPU's with a BIOS flash at most. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

EPoX has very good benchmarks, but I don't know weither I can find one at a fair, since I haven't seen one of those boards before, I was thinking of getting a GA-7VAXP Ultra, because it's suppose to be very reliable, and besides, it's got all the latest gadgets (features) included, I should be able to get it if I exchange the broken motherboard for cash, and slip over to another computer stall all discreet like ;) .

I guess I'll have to look for any EPoX motherboards in the fair aswell (because I might not have enough money to put on top of the exchanged cash), but I don't think they sell those at all (the people at the fairs are very sceptical about cheap hardware).

I will probably have to go digging in deeper into my pockets to buy a fast, and reliable motherboard, including a guaranteed and approved PSU (This is going to leave me skint for christmas :( ).

And also I hope the Athlon XP chip gets exchanged, I gave them a good excuse, so lets hope it works for my sake : peace2: or no prezzies from me!!

Plus, if anyone has any problems with the GA-7VAXP Ultra motherboard, please let me know, I don't have to want to go exchanging again, thanx :D

can u order online?

I got myself a pretty good motherboard, Soltek SL-75FRV and it's got some nice features like supporting 400 MHz DDR, 333 FSB, 8X AGP, 2.0 USB, ATA 133 and other neat little things, the only thing that it doesn't have is RAID and Serial ATA (Something I said I needed, but I don't really need it that much).

I couldn't find any EPoX motherboards at all at the fair or any GA-7VAXP Ultras either, and I avoided the KT4's (MSI) because of the hinted problems it may have by 'RRinfo' that I researched into a little, and LOADS of people have had prob's with them - ThanX RRinfo! :thumb:

The spec's for the board are here.

Anybody else got one of these beauties? Please let me know what you think about it (Con's and Pro's). :D

Ohh, and I finally bought myself a new PSU, it's a diffrent brand yadda yadda, but still cheap, I couldn't find any approved PSU's at all, I just hope it doesn't blow-up on me!

return the generic psu, and go fork out for a brand name one, like enermax, aopen or something like that, you won't regret it

a good psu is key to a stable comp

No problem Cloud strife. I'm glad i could help in some ways. Enjoy your new board and watch for it not to blow up on you again :laugh: :cheers:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information