Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Epox 8K5A2

Okay when I boot my system up the post code display goes through a series of numbers and then back to the code FF. According to the manual the code FF means that you have the wrong Bios (I don't), the expansion cards are not seated correctly (they work so I guess they are) or there is a CPU problem (don't think so). I wrote Epox and they said if the system boots and runs fine then it's normal/ignore it. I really don't like that answer and was wondering if anyone else has noticed that . At this point the post codes are a little fuzzy to me cause now I'm not sure if I trust this diagnostic tool now. Hope this makes sense and would really like anyones input,

I don't have an 8K5A2 board handy, but all the Epox boards that I have used have the "FF" as the normal operating state. The other numbers that it stops at breifly, is it going through it "checks." As long as it goes to the FF and doesn't stay at some other number, or beeps, you should be okay. As long as you aren't having any problems booting, or having recurring problems, you are okay. In my experience, when I got an error code, it would not boot at all until whatever the problem was got corrected.

Hope that helps,
    JM :afro:
    Have you hugged a Midget today?

That's what is was thinking, but the manual is so dang hard to figure out when it states FF and this is what is wrong (know what I'm sayin). Thanks for the reply it's just nice to get another opinion.

FF is a fully functional boot being passed by BIOS so nothing should be wrong with the motherboard. When you get something else there and the siren/beeps is when ya have to worry. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thread Information