Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Epox 8KA52+ issue

I never used one but they don't sound to good by that. :(

That maybe a chance to try and what I meant about bridging the power switch connections with a screwdriver is that it's unlikely that the power and reset switch connectors from the case will not reach with the mobo out of the case but using a flat bladed screwdriver ya just quickly touch both pins that those switches connect to on the mobo and that will do what the switches do but just be careful when doin' it that ya don't touch anything else (I do this when I have a troublesome installation to troubleshoot). ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

yea i did that. i kinda did it by accident. it touched the power sw pins and it turned on. i just don't get it how it was workin on my MSI KT4 and not on my Epox mobo.

i think i know what the problem is. i was reading the manual and the epox board has a 3 x DIMM slot. my memory is a single sided. this doesn't mean that my RAM is a SIMM though is it? i'm not sure if this theory is right, but does this mean that i won't be able to use my memory stick on this board then? is there a way for the board to read a simm stick?

oh yea... i tested my memory stick in a different motherboard. it works fine. what do you think wiggo? any suggestions? is it the board not reading the memory then?

I'm really not sure but it looks like that I'm goin' to have to find a stickof Samsung memory seein' as so many ppl seem to have troubles with it, though stabing the mobo doesn't help. :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information