Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beeeeeeeeeeep!!

so have u got it so that there is enough for the system to boot? a "normal" PST usually reaps one single short beep

if you have RAM, Video, CPU, Heatsink and Power applied to the mobo, all should be good, take all these items out - including the cpu, and reseat them, also hook the cpu fan up to external power only, so that there is nothing extra drawing power for the mobo aux power...

if u still get beeps, sounds like u may wanna try another stick of ram, or cpu
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

I have reseated everything several times - except the CPU, I just reseated that once.

I guess I'll put the old CPU fan back on to see if that's what's causing it .

If not then I guess I'm stuck buyin a new CPU or mobo

Thanx for the help all
    <font face="Arial" size="1">Where do you want to go today?</font><br><font face="Arial" size="2">Where ever the beer is please.</font>

after seeing the volcano myself....is it possible that you have crushed ya core?

have u tried just havin your ram in slot 2 and booting or slot 3 only? with different stix o ram...
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

hmm any way I could tell if I crushed the core? would it be visibly obvious?

I did try booting with the RAM in slot 3, but not 2 yet. And did try 2 different sticks, one of them is brand new.
    <font face="Arial" size="1">Where do you want to go today?</font><br><font face="Arial" size="2">Where ever the beer is please.</font>

A crushed core could just be having little chips taken out of the corners of the core to full on cracking. :smokin:
    <center> </center>

ok here's a n00b question :D

by the core you mean the center of the processor right?

so I can get a magnifying glass and take a look...

That's it but usually damage is evident to the naked eye. :thumb:

bummers

I don't see how I could have cracked it, I was much rougher when I put the first cpu fan on

being the first time I had done it :D

now it takes me a couple seconds to do ;)

Actually damage to the core crossed my mind the other day - was (and still am) hoping that was not the case.

I did get afraid though when you posted you had tried to boot without the HSF being hooked up though. (dude, that T-bird will melt down in heartbeat)
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

well if u can't see anythin wrong wif the core, then i'd say try all components on another board :D if that works, get a new mobo/replacement
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information