Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beeeeeeeeeeep!!

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C
    I did get afraid though when you posted you had tried to boot without the HSF being hooked up though. (dude, that T-bird will melt down in heartbeat)
    6 seconds... that's how long mine took to fry without the HSF... You might not see any visible scorth marks on it, but if you tried to start it without any cooling on there, then there is a good chance you did kill it... Can you try another CPU in your machine to test?

Did you see that video Hardocp made about the CPU temps without the hsf on it?

Beefy Guest

I saw the one that Tom's Hardware did.....

why do ya needa see a video when u r fullly capable of doing it yourself? ;) Beefy
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C
    Actually damage to the core crossed my mind the other day - was (and still am) hoping that was not the case.

I did get afraid though when you posted you had tried to boot without the HSF being hooked up though. (dude, that T-bird will melt down in heartbeat)
    I left the HS on I just unplugged the fan ;)
    <font face="Arial" size="1">Where do you want to go today?</font><br><font face="Arial" size="2">Where ever the beer is please.</font>

I wish I had another CPU or mobo I could test with, would make this alot easier, I don't wanna go buy a new mobo and find out it's the CPU that's toast, or vice versa....

I'll flip a coin on which to buy and hope for the best ;)
    <font face="Arial" size="1">Where do you want to go today?</font><br><font face="Arial" size="2">Where ever the beer is please.</font>

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by skullshot
    why do ya needa see a video when u r fullly capable of doing it yourself? ;) Beefy
    Cos the video had smoke and stuff.. mine just had a cool pinging sound effect followed by my swearing.. :)

:laugh: u shoulda taken a video of that :)

Beefy Guest

sorry. i didn't think of that at the time.. I wasn't really expecting my heatsink to fall off when it did.. :)

btw, I did happen to notice that I can wiggle the HS while it's mounted on the CPU

I should not be able to do that, should I :?:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information