Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A7v133

I have a A7V133 motherboard, with a 900mhz Athlon processor.....What is the fastest processor I can put in this board???? : ]

Thanx

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/cpusu...pusupport.aspx

it looks like Rev 1.05. will support up to an XP2200+ with the correct bios
    Older rev's will only support T'Birds

I don't know if this link will work or not...but the global Asus site has a section under support that will tell you what bios you need to support specific CPU's

But why would ya want to cripple an XP2200+ (or any other CPU) by stickin' it in an old SDRAM mobo? :confused:

Just stickin' a good DDR mobo under that 900MHz will give ya about 15-20% improvement plus most 900MHz Athlons will get around 1200MHz with a little tweakin' and good HSF (ya can upgrade the proc a bit later then). :devil win
    <center>:cheers:</center>

I have this board and have to disagree with the 1.05 board being able to go up that high in processors. You will need to make sure that the boards revision is 1.05., with the extra dot after the 5 for it to go that high. The one without the extra dot after the 5 will only take a Thunderbird 1.4 Gig. Who ever came up with the revision number being a freak'n dot instead of dot some other number had their head in the wrong place, but that is what they did. Enjoy

hmmmm...I didn't notice that on my first visit to the Asus site....but you're right it must be a 1.05. version :D

....I agree with Wiggo though - the money would be better spent on a cheap KT333 MB like an ECS & a new DDR dimm

Thou if have a good stepping 900 Duron (like stepping is something you care about on a Duron) you can get a 22mOhm resistor and fine soldering gun, and do a little vcore power mod. Maybe get that 900 farther than 1.2ghx as wiggo said...

... the article im looking for on how to do the power mod is at Toms Hardware... hit you back here when i find it...

ok then what would be a good board to put under this Thunderbird 900 ?????? : ]

Where did i get Duron from... silly me. Abit KG7-RAID. I love mine.

An EPoX 8K3A or better should do ya. ;)

I just helped out a friend of mine who was looking for an upgrade - we got him an epox 8K3AE for ~ $115cdn....it has one less PCI slot than the 8K3A, but it was a pretty good deal
    If money is not a problem you could look at an 8K5A or 8K9A series...but they really won't provide significantly more performance

since you're a fellow Toronto area guy - try Elco Systems, they're the nation dist. for Epox - that's were I get my hardware from (nice corp. account - $20K of credit and tax exempt :thumb: ) they have 8K3A, 8K3AE, 8K5A2, 8K5A3, 8K9A2 & 8K9A3 boards in stock - they also have the ECS K7VTA3-3 for $110cdn it's another KT333 board w/ int. RAID & LAN

Bigfoot also carries Epox - but they're marked up a bit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information