Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: How to Flash BIOS...

Now i know that you save it on a floppy after you DL it...but then after that what????....

You guys don't have to explain it if you don't want to...links would be find...thx:)
    - Damien

What type of bios is it? award, pheonix, AMI???
    Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1662Mhz | Volcano 7+ HSF | Soltek SL-75DRV5 | 256MB Corsair XMS-3000 DDR RAM | 44x44x24 Yamaha CDR-W F1 | 16x Liteon DVD | 40Gig 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda | 20Gig 5400rpm Seagate | GeForce2 MX-400 | SB Live! | RTL8139A NIC | RTL8139B NIC | 12 Fans | 1 x ss Blue cc | 2 x Red Neons | 450W Codgen PSU | Logitech Z-340 2.1 Sub and sats | 17" Osborune Monitor | Win XP Pro | M$ explorer rat and keyboard | Everglide Attack Optical

Get the link to your manufacturer's support site from my system optimization guide (on front page of TT), then follow the instructions there. It differs depending on mobo brand and chipset.

Usually you need to boot into DOS mode and run the .exe file that comes with the floppy, then enter the name of the file you want to flash (usually a .bin file).

HOWEVER make 100% sure you follow your manufacturer's instructions. A bad BIOS flash renders your board useless.

Quote Originally Posted by SegiY
    What type of bios is it? award, pheonix, AMI???
    Award Bios
    - Damien

FLaCo,
    Read the post directly above your last one. It is rather important. Each motherboard manufacturer usually puts out their own Flash updating utility. Get this and follow the manufacturer's directions EXACTLY or you may have yourself a fancy new paperweight.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Serious consequences that i thought weren't possible.. thx alot...i was just asking and curious until Abit makes on for the new 333 AMD's
    - Damien

PersianImmortal, where can I find that Optimization Guide you referred to. I'd like to have a read. TIA.
    Warez R me

Never mind. I found it.:D
    Warez R me

9. Default

is flashing the bios really worth it?
    my view on the two party system...
    [img]http://www.dennisf.com/images/****banner.jpg[/img]

Thread Information