Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C0 C1 Post error

Does anyone know what it means when you post C0 and C1 back and forth but no error beeps?

umm.. could we have a bit more info, like what motherboard etc?

i have an epox 8k5a2+, tbred 1800+, corsair pc3200 256MB. i get C0 and C1 error code without any beeps. i take out the ram, then i get the C1 with the long consecutive beeps.

If this is an EPoX board then did ya clear the CMOS before ya booted it? If it is an EPoX board then it will usually do this when a 133MHz FSB CPU is installed without clearing the CMOS first. The code shows the board cyclin' between chipset initialization and memory detection which usually means that the BIOS is setup wrong. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

On EPoX that means memory Issues
    So Do you have some other ram to try out in it.
    A mates maybe
    AMD Athlon 2400+ @ 2.26Ghz @1.9Core Cooled With Thermalright AX-7 | EPoX 8K5A2+ | 768Mb PC-2700DDR Corsair XMS | Leadtek GForce4 Ti4400 | Hercules Fortissimo II | 80Gb Seagate HDD | Liteon 12x DVD | Aopen 40x12x48 | Samsung SyncMaster 957p 1600X1200@75Hz | Modded Aopen HX-08 with 300W Aopen PSU | Windows XP Pro SP1

ICQ :159735580 | MSN : nutty_33@hotmail.com | Email : nutty_33@iinet.com.au

i have cleared the CMOS before doing anything else. could it be a possibility that my CPU is faulty? or dead? what happened was when i first installed the heatsink, i put the copper shim with it as well. what i wasn't aware of with the tbred was that if there's a shim underneath, it doesn't touch the heatsink. when i booted up, it went trhough this hi lo siren beeps. so i researched it and it said that it's a system board error, etc. so i checked the cpu and i found out that it wasn't touching the heatsink. so i got rid of the shim, re-applied the paste, then installed it again. that's when i got the C0 and C1 error code. do u think i fried the cpu? or is it a bios issue, even though i already cleared the cmos numerous times.

Did you crack the core
    Is there anything on the cpu that looks like its been damaged

Also when you were putting the hsf on it did you hit the board
    AMD Athlon 2400+ @ 2.26Ghz @1.9Core Cooled With Thermalright AX-7 | EPoX 8K5A2+ | 768Mb PC-2700DDR Corsair XMS | Leadtek GForce4 Ti4400 | Hercules Fortissimo II | 80Gb Seagate HDD | Liteon 12x DVD | Aopen 40x12x48 | Samsung SyncMaster 957p 1600X1200@75Hz | Modded Aopen HX-08 with 300W Aopen PSU | Windows XP Pro SP1

ICQ :159735580 | MSN : nutty_33@hotmail.com | Email : nutty_33@iinet.com.au

Now that doesn't good but when ya clearin' the CMOS are ya leavin' the jumper in the clear position for a while before movin' it back to the runnin' position? If ya do this to quick it won't work as the current hasn't all run out. Generally though a killed CPU won't give any responce. ;)

nah, didn't hit anything when i put the heatsink. i don't think it's the ram since it's not giving me any error beeps. i took out the ram then it gave me the beeps. and just stayed at c1. i put back the ram and the beeps stopped and went back and forth again from c0 to c1.

wiggo: so if the cpu is dead or cracked or damaged, then when i turn the power, it won't even power up? how long should i leave the jumper to clear cmos? i left it there for about 10-20 seconds. i'll try to leave it longer, but what else could it be besides bios?

I havn't had a dead CPU in a board with a POST port before but usually a board won't respond but with the error that ya gettin' you ain't near CPU detection (the manual gives ya the error codes in order that they run). The only other thing is to use a known workin' part substitution till ya find the problem. 20 secs might be long enough but 10 may not be. ;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information