Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I think I have found the motherboard I need!

Yeah it is strange and I've never heard an explaination for it but apparently the nForce2 likes all slots filled and here's a good roundup of 6 mobos to keep ya occupied for a while if ya havn't already read it. :devil:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    Yeah it is strange and I've never heard an explaination for it but apparently the nForce2 likes all slots filled and here's a good roundup of 6 mobos to keep ya occupied for a while if ya havn't already read it. :devil:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Yeah, I read that round up and I based my desicion to buy the Asus A7N8X on that article and others. It just seems to give the best performance overall.

Well the differences between all the Nforce2 boards tested were minute and you would never tell the diff in day to day use.

As for the ram.....i think that 2 sticks of 256mb ram will still give you 512mb total system ram.

Personally I'd go the Epox as it is so much cheaper and only lacks a few things such as SATA which I won't use and a NIC which i can buy for like $20 AUD.

However there seems to be widespread debate whether the Epox locks the PCI when overclocking.
    Some on the Epox forum at AOA claim they have tested it and it is locked while others seem to think that it is definitely not locked......anyone have any idea what is the truth?

That's a good board! Asus make great motherboards. They are using the Asus A7N8X to build the Ultimate Gaming Machine 6.0 at TechTV -> The Screen Savers.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks
    That's a good board! Asus make great motherboards. They are using the Asus A7N8X to build the Ultimate Gaming Machine 6.0 at TechTV -> The Screen Savers.

Just they are making it for TechTV doesn't mean that it the greatest even tho that board is nice. It all depends on what you want and need.

I have a question for webe or and one else or buckchoi...or anyone that might know the answer...Do you knwo if the chip changes from the Deluxe A7N8X and the Regular A7N8X.
    - Damien

No chip change... just adds a LAN card and 2 Firewire ports... i think. Id like to buy it, but Asus can be so damn expensive, and its not like were looking at a high-end solution guys... it DOES have integrated video. Dont tell me your gonna spend that much money and then go buy a GeForce FX next year when they hit... cause your an idiot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information