Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think I have found the motherboard I need!

It is the ASUS A7N8X Deluxe! It Beat out the Chinatech 7NJS board in a number of reviews! You can check out a review of the board here. http://firingsquad.gamers.com/hardwa...8x/default.asp It seems that this board really rocks!! It has the NVidia 2 chipset in it as well as a very good reputation for overclocking! Check it out!

Yes it is a nice board but I've a fellow who is pushin' me to build him a system before Xmas usin' an EP-8RDA+ and XP2400+, I may just do it for him to even if it is my usual off time. :D

Serial ATA and an extra nic ain't worth the extra $100aus premium IMO for the Asus one ($230aus for the EPoX) as Serial ATA is no better than ATA133 and won't be till Serial ATAII (with it being taken out of the PCI bus unless ya just need the extra drive capacity) plus the EPoX board has some very nice voltage adjustments. :devil win
    <center>:cheers:</center>

That is an excellebt board. It is a little cheaper than Chaintecs mobo...about 30$. It doesn't have RIAD on it though. Also, most of the benchmarks the NJ7S has set haven't been with the components it's meant to run with. Most of the 3DMark benchmarks were set with the integrated GPU. It will be nice when the two mobo are out at the same time and they have had quite a few modds done to them to see which one is more capable. I just bought the Chaintec NJ7S. I hope it works well...it's supposed to.

Well I live in the US and can get this MB at a good price on newegg.com. It is cheaper than the chinatech NJ7S and will take a Athlon XP 2700 chip. I don't know if the chinatech does or not....For now, I will probably just get the board and 2 256 sticks of memory (DDR 400mhz) while I will still use my Athlon Xp 2000 processor for now. Later on, I will get the 2600 or 2700 processor and put it in.

If you are going to wait a while to put a 2600 or 2700+ on there just wait until the Hammer comes out in Feb. By that time the last of the XP family will be released (most likely a 3000+). That would probably be the best way to by because you are getting the tail-end of the previous technology.

The Asus mobo has such a great mobo layout everything seems to be in the right place...but Wiggo is right...tho the Epox got (like many times) great overclockability...

Anyhow, for the new comp my friend wants me to build him...this will prolly be the MOBO of choice the ASUS...I really can't find Abit's NF7 or EPox's version of the board in any retailer in the US.:confused:

Another thinkg i don't understand is how come that board (ASUS) has 3 DIMM slots and only supports DDR400 in 2 Banks???
    - Damien

My understanding of the three slots is that the channel that has the two slots is also the channel that does the AGP memory swaps or with intergrated video the actual video memory duties. It's like the CPU has total bandwidth of one channel but shares the other with DMA duties (no bottlenecks). ;)

So, i pop in the two 512 DDR 400's into the right Dimm slots an and i recieve 512 mb of memory but 2 channel performance?...
    - Damien

No as ya must have one stick in the lone slot for the two channels to work. ;)

I am so sorry of o am bothering you with this stuff wiggo...if you want just give me a link if i am ...

So, one stick to one slot to get the dual channel support so why even both...so why even bother with regular 1 channel?
    - Damien

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information