Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Chaintech 7njs with 2400 xp+ cpu and corsair 3200-how to set

Hi,i have just purchased the chaintech 7njs nforce 2 motherboard.I have a athlon 2400 xp+ cpu.I gather this runs at 266mhz.So i set the external bus to 133mhz.I have two 256mb corsair xms pc3200 ddrs.The motherboard supports dual channel 128bits.I have three dimm slots to take advantage the manual says to make sure one of the memory modules is installed in slot three.My question is that what frequency do i set the memory to.In the bios i have four choices 100,133,166,200.To get ddr 400mhz i would have to set to 200mhz but the cpu runs at 2x133mhz=266mhz.Do i have to set the memory to 133mhz the same as the cpu or can they run on different settings.As you can see i am a little confused.Could you suggest the best settings for performance and stability.as the memory is expensive and i do not want to waste it's potential.Many thanks,mike :confused:

Set the memory speed at 166MHz and then ya have some room to overclock but it ya BIOS supports multiplier forcin' (which it should or the latest BIOS will) ya can drop the multiplier and rise the FSB to 166MHz andthen set the memory to 200MHz. Idid this recently with EPoX's version of this chipset. :devil win
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thread Information