Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for an nForce2 mobo

i'm back in the market for a new mother board. the last system i build (with much help from the folks on this forum) has gone to my brother for christmas. i ended up using the abit at7 which was AWESOME, but now i'm itching for an nForce2 board. here's the question:
    can anyone recommend an nForce2 board that has IDE RAID-0? i've been searching online, but my information search has stalled, running over the same old ground, confusing spec sheets and such. thanks!:thumb:

I just got my this mobo (asus a7n8x) hooked up today, and so far it is the best one I have ever bought. It has serial ata, which i think can be set up for raid....but i don't have any serial devices or adapters yet so I'm not sure...nevermind, it does. Check out this atricle for 3 good nForce2 boards:

http://www.tomshardware.com/mainboar...111/index.html

i was looking at that board. can you RAID the regular IDE channels or just the serial ATAs?

you can only do RAID on the serail ata...the others are just normal IDE (ata 133). I'm not sure but i think the serial adapters that plug into the drives are fairly cheep

If ya just want IDE RAID then get the cheaper EPoX mobo and add a PCI RAID controller. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

yeah wiggo, i'm still considering going back to the abit at7, but man that nforce2 looks pretty impressive. the only things keeping me from getting the at7 again are that i would prefer legacy and the at7 price hasn't dropped even though it's "old technology." Blasts! foiled again. minibubba, am i to understand that they make adapters that can connect regular HDD to SATA interfaces? and where might one find such a contraption?

Seagate are now sellin' Serial ATA drives. ;)

Why bother with an adaptor? :?:

Just to add a slight review, i bought the Epox 8RDA+, love it, its great and for only $100 dollars you can get the best AMD chipset on the market. Make sure you have two similar DDR Dimms to take advantage of that dual-ddr goodness.

-The only downside, like a newb i cracked my shiny little 1200 thundy trying to get the Volcano7 off, i had a good cry, then went out and bought an 2100+ XP.

-Epox is great, they always seem to come ahead of MoBos that cost a whole lot more in benchmarks.

-Another note, who needs all that extra crap anyways, serial ata drives arent even out (and yes you can buy an inverter which will plug into the back of an IDE drive and convert it to serial), why spend the extra 50 for it on the Asus board?

** hah i just read wiggos comment, well lets just see they arent a global standard, eesh**

I can't believe that something which is available here Australia (for about 6 weeks that I know of) hasn't been out in the USA for longer (which is usually the case) plus it costs around $350aus for the 120GB model (about $180us I guess). :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

I mentioned the serial adapters (that plug into the rear of hdd and cd-roms) because some people don't want to replace their hard drives...such as myself; i just bought a 120 wd hdd shortly before i purchased an asus A7N8x. An adapter would be a bit cheaper.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information