Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Advice on 8xAPG Vs 4xAGP and DDR Memory

I need some advice. In my quest for a Super PC Intel Motherboard. The processor I'm going to get is a Pentium 4 2.8GHz along with a Raidain 9700 All-In-Wonder Video Card.

So, Here is my problem. I'm finding out that I can either get 8xAGP with Dual Channel DDR2100(266Mhz). Or 4xAGP with Dual Channel DDR2700(333Mhz) or DDR3500(400Mhz). What I want is 8xAGP and DDR3500 but NOBODY makes this. I would even be happy with 8xAGP and DDR2700 but I can't find that either. I'm looking at the following boards.

Asus P4G8X Deluxe - 8xAGP and DDR2100 Memory
    Gigabyte 8XINXP - 8XAGP and DDR2100 Memory

Or

Gigabyte GA-8PE667 Ultra 2 - 4xAGP and DDR2700
    Asus P4GE-V - 4xAGP and DDR2700

So, if I want to do a little gaming and some video editing what do i want to get.

Help !

Gigabyte GA-8PE667 Ultra 2 - 4xAGP and DDR2700
    Asus P4GE-V - 4xAGP and DDR2700

I beleive these 2 are the i845PE/GE chipset - so they are single channel memory - not dual channel
    You'd be far better off with the dual channel granite bay motherboards even though they only support PC2100

for dual channel PC2700/3200 - support you'll have to wait for the Springdale chipset - possibly next quarter...it will have the 8XAGP you're looking for as well - although the benefits are somewhat dubious

this question may be better received in the motherboard section than here in video cards

Consider it moved. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

i got the gigabyte granite bay mobo cause thats the only one i could ifnd instock anywhere but the p4g8x deluxe is also nice. I would def go with granite bay because 2100 ddr and it performs almost the same as rdram. My mobo comes in sometime next week!
    P4 2.8 System in the works!

Thread Information