Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: MSI K7T266 pro with AMD XP2000+

I have a MSI k7T266pro motherboard (MS-6380 ver.1.0) with bios version 1.9 (the latest). On the site of MSI I found out that it supports a AMD XP2000+ Palomino, so I bought one. But I can't get it to work properly.
    The motherboard recognises the processor as XP 2000+ and I can get in the bios, but that's it. When booting it hangs.

I did a cmos reset, but that also didn't work. I'm using a Volcano 7+ cooler that supports up to a XP2600+. And the processor also doesn't get to hot (about 35 degees).

Can anyone help me out with this?? :(
    If it ain't broke, tweak it!

Does it look that I care?

Hello Beamer.

Yes, the MSI k7T266pro does indeed run with XP2000+ since my friend was using one. I only know that he used the latest bios.

Actually he just recently upgraded to newer board since the old K7T266Pro never really accepted his Radeon9700 Pro.

Sorry I cannot be more of a helper but it should work.

Is your powersource big enough?

Andy

Try setting the FSB to 100 and see if the system will come up...slower that the Rated speed of 2600, but it's a start.

sorry, 2000

Thread Information