Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8RDA vs +

A couple questions:

As far as I can tell the only difference between the 8RDA and the "+" version is that the latter has 6-channel audio instead of duplex and firewire support. Am I missing something or is that it? Epox's site only seems to have a link for the plus version, not the other. I was just trying to clearly establish the difference between the two versions.

Also, there was a time where some said that onboard sound in any fashion was unacceptable for the gamer, due to the CPU resources that they consumed. Is this still the case or has this condition improved. I am not seeing it mentioned in MB reviews as it was not too long ago.

Thx,
    JM :afro:
    Have you hugged a Midget today?

Ok how's this then on what goes on the plus side;

Realtek RTL8201 PHY nic

Realtek ALC650E 6-channel full-duplex integrated sound (other version doesn't have nVidia sound processor)

IEEE1394 Firewire interface

so is that worth the extra to you or not? (it is in mine, well for the sound and nic anyway) ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

You didn't happen to mention anything how much of the CPU resources are consumed by onboard sound. I know that the quality of onboard sound has increased, but have the consumed resources decreased? :?:

Im not sure about the CPU usage but many people swear by the Nforce2 onboard audio about how good it sounds.

Unfortunately, NewEgg didn't have any 8RDA+ boards in stock. :cry: I didn't have the patience to wait, so I ended up ordering an ABIT-NF7. :lips: I am actually looking forward to it. Hopefully, it gets here before the end of the week. I guess I can finally will my Slot-A Athlon to my mom. :thumb: :laugh:

One excited Midget! :bounce:
    JM :afro:

Good choice... it wasnt the NF7-S?

Quote Originally Posted by JediAgent
    Good choice... it wasnt the NF7-S?
    Nah. I don't need the firewire or S-ATA. So what I got should be just fine.

I like Abit... ill have to consult with you when i want to buy that board...

I hope it turns out well. Other than for my slot-A athlon, I have only bought Epox boards. I like Epox a lot! :thumb: It might be good to try something else. It seemed like a good alternative, since the 8RDA+ was out of stock. ;)

I've owned an Abit KT7A and a KG7-RAID (current) and i want to get either a NF7-S or a NF7-MAX (if they ever make one) and ive worked on and maintained others. I like em. They are good quality boards with performance, features and overclocking in mind (not as OC minded as Epoc, i know)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information