Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asus P4s8x/alrf

anybody have this board or know anything about it?

it has raid, SATA, LAN, audio. i was wondering about overclcoking capabilities

I know it has an SiS chipset - & they have their share of problems...it does have a pretty good upside if you can get it running right

If all those options (SATA, RAID, etc, etc...) are important to you the Asus P4PE is available in the same config for a few $$'s more - i845PE is much more reliable

....a Granite Bay board would be even better if you can find one with the options you want

Quote Originally Posted by RDR
    I know it has an SiS chipset - & they have their share of problems...it does have a pretty good upside if you can get it running right

If all those options (SATA, RAID, etc, etc...) are important to you the Asus P4PE is available in the same config for a few $$'s more - i845PE is much more reliable

....a Granite Bay board would be even better if you can find one with the options you want
    thanks for the reply. i want the options. less pci slots to fill up. i have a case w/ front usb and firewire that i would like to use. i am looking for something w/ agp 8x as well. does the intel chipset support this?

Granite Bay does - i845PE does not

....8X AGP has very dubious benefits - I wouldn't base my motherboard selection on that

Quote Originally Posted by RDR
    Granite Bay does - i845PE does not

....8X AGP has very dubious benefits - I wouldn't base my motherboard selection on that
    right now the benefits aren't noticable. but what about in a year or two? this next upgrade will have to last me at least 3-4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgirk
    this next upgrade will have to last me at least 3-4 years.
    all the more reason not to get an SiS chipset
    if it really has to last that long - get a granite Bay or wait for Springdale

i think i will wait for the springdale. that and GB are the only intel chipsets that support agp 8x, correct?

do you think they will have a all in one type solution w/ LAN, firewire, sound, raid, SATA, raid?

:cheers:

that seems to be the way all the high end boards are going - so likely yes

sounds good. thanks for your replies.

: peace2:

Thread Information