Howdy all,

I just put a new rig together using the gigabyte GA-8IHXP main board. All is well, nice and stable rig. I did however run into a problem with the promise raid chip on the board. I picked up two WD 80 gig special edition drives to run in raid for this rig. I could not however get the promise raid controller to reconize the drives. I tried everthing, exept probally the one thing that I needed to do............:-)

I could get the Promise fast track utility in the bios up no problem but it would not allow me to enter setup because it could not find drives. The manual says to enter the fast track utility to define the array. No dice. I had the bios option for the chip set to raid. The raid chip would not reconize the drives in ATA mode either. Athough I guessing you need to have an operating system up or drivers loaded for that to work. I tried loading a the drivers for the promise chip ahead of windows XP and they loaded fine but i still could not get the fast track utility to find the drives.................There is no option to boot from SCCSI device or anthing like that in the boot order line up......just the normal floppy, cd, or network boot.............

Both drives and cables and power are fine as im running off them now...........Anybody who would like to point out where or what I missed, I would appreciate it..............

Thanks,

Buck