Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Soyo KT333 CPU issues

:snip: Ok, here is the deal. I have a SOYO KT333 Dragon Ultra Platinum MB. 512MB of Crucial PC2700 ram, AMD Athlon XP 2100 2 Maxtor 80 Gig ATA 133 drives in a Raid Stripe. ThermalTake Volcano 7+ and ThermalTake active memory cooler. ATI Radeon 9000 Pro 128. I'm Running WinXP Pro.

I can only select 100Mhz for the FSB slowing my CPU to a 1500 and 100 for the memory, which obviously doesn't make it DDR333.

I have plenty of thermal grease and the Hardware monitor shows the CPU at 104~106 degrees F.

When I select the 133 for the FSB and/or 166 for the memory, the system will boot and run for a few minutes and then give me the BSOD.

I have checked around and found that there are others that have the same problem with this MB and I was wondering if anyone else might have run into this or if anyone has tried the kt333_2aa2r2.zip bios for overclocked CPU use.

The reason I ask is that other people have thought that it was a bios issue due to their testing of their CPU and mem on other MB's to verify that CPU/Mem wasn't at fault.

Jank

I just saw this on Soyo's site:

If the CPU fan can be connected directly to the power supply, disconnect it from the mainboard, and connect it to the power supply. Make sure FOC (Fan Off Control) is disabled in CMOS setup. To disable the "FOC" go to "PC Health status" in the bios and set it to "Disable".

This is in reference to the system locking up when the FSB is set to 133. Does this imply that there is some error with the MB monitoring the CPU fan?

You will in fact need to disable FOC in the bios. It will shut the PC down if the fan is spinning at lees than 4000 rpm. Also make sure the fan header is plugged into CPU1. That paticular MB is very sensitive to two things, RAM, and the PSU. Take my word for it, as I set up Soyos regulary--Post in ViaArena alot, just browsing and saw your post. Soyos really do not like crucial ram much---sad but true. Also don't like the Antec true 481---also sad but true. It likes muskin and corsair. Will post back later. Cya---good luck.

Thank's, I'll look into that and give it a try.

Thread Information