Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: AMI BIOS Password

My BIOS is password protected. I think it's an AMI Bios. I ran a freeware utility to get the password and it gives me the following, which I think is the password but in encrypted format. Could one of you gurus decrypt it for me. I'll give you a million bucks if you do (virtual of course). TIA.
    x+
    Warez R me

Have ya tried clearing the CMOS as this usually works. ;)

:D Wiggo, how do I do that i.e. clear the CMOS. Also will doing that adversly affect my system. TIA.:D
    Warez R me

Normally there is a jumper on the mobo that will do this (the manual has the info about it) and this will reset the BIOS back to it's "out of the box" state usually unless this is a name brand PC. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

If that doesn't work, this site contains some other general passwords which might work. Be careful though...usually 3 failed tries = locked out of BIOS. Then you will have to clear the CMOS regardless!

Thanx fellas, I didn't want to fiddle around inside the case but I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and open it up. Thanx for the responses.:cheers:
    Warez R me

Thread Information